C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Episode 870 - A New Hope

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:42 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Received 255 Likes on 213 Posts

Default Episode 870 - A New Hope

Working on an 870 ecm in order to adapt it to the Blowerworks style MAF which has been available for the 165 ecm for several years now. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an 85 tpi car for testing.

If you're in SE Michigan and have a running 85 w-870 ecm, reply here or send me a pm if you are interested in helping out.

Testing would involve plugging in my modded 870 ecm along with a new MAF and recording some datalogs with the engine running.

No real urgency, since I'm waiting on a Calpak and still have some soldering to do, but it would be nice to find a local car for test purposes.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:54 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Default Looking for an 85 tpi car in SE Michigan for 870 ecm/MAF testing...

My 870 ecm is ready for testing, but so far no one has stepped up with a test car.

I've got a lead on an interested party in California, but would like to try it out locally, if possible.

An 85 auto trans corvette would be preferred, but any tpi car with an 870 ecm will do.

Originally Posted by tequilaboy
Working on an 870 ecm in order to adapt it to the Blowerworks style MAF which has been available for the 165 ecm for several years now. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an 85 tpi car for testing.

If you're in SE Michigan and have a running 85 w-870 ecm, reply here or send me a pm if you are interested in helping out.

Testing would involve plugging in my modded 870 ecm along with a new MAF and recording some datalogs with the engine running.

No real urgency, since I'm waiting on a Calpak and still have some soldering to do, but it would be nice to find a local car for test purposes.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:32 PM
blackozvet
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 216 Posts

if you come to my place we can use my car
Old 05-20-2015, 08:40 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by tequilaboy

I have access to a 1985 383 superram auto combination that you could try it on but the car is near Green Bay WI which is quite a hike from you.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:54 PM
tequilaboy
Melting Slicks

Status update:

I received some feedback from the California test car along with a short 160-baud datalog. The new MAF and modified 870 ecm appear to be working as expected, based upon the limited log data.

The 870 ecm modifications include a socket booster to allow use of a 28-pin eeprom for convenient programming and/or emulation, a new eeprom with special programming and minor changes to the MAF signal circuitry.

Note: With this method, 24-pin eproms can still be used if desired, but since I was adding a 24-pin socket to replace the original prom carrier anyway, I went ahead and added a socketbooster and used a 28-pin chip instead.

New MAF is plug and play with the Blowerworks adaptor harness. No need for burnoff and the new MAF can support more horsepower along with appropriate tuning and injectors to list a few of the benefits.

More info to follow...

Last edited by tequilaboy; 12-10-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Episode 870 - A New Hope

Quick Reply: Episode 870 - A New Hope