C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Vacuum line sizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Vacuum line sizes

Is there a list somewhere that shows all the size vaccum lines on a 1994-96 C4?? I am going to go through the whole damn thing and replace all the vacuum lines.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:41 PM
scooter mcfly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Doubt it. Would be way too easy. If you're gonna replace them, take a piece of each with you to the store and match them up.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 AM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

That was my original plan. I'll probably end up doing this instead. Most of these lines are plastic little tubes and brittle.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:48 AM
scooter mcfly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EVLGTO
That was my original plan. I'll probably end up doing this instead. Most of these lines are plastic little tubes and brittle.
Yeah. Replace those with rubber hose. cheap at autozone or similar. Match up the inside diameter and you'll be good as gold. don't forget the ones under the plenum. Look at them wrong, and they break.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:51 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

The tubing was offered in harnesses that were already made up with no individual "bulk stock" available. I might try a medical supply house that offered maybe LDPE, PDFE in various colors to simplify your work.

Just to use for examples you could check the "tubing" link from here and see the choices offered. Get your verniers out measure and go from there. Check the LDPE - many colors. GM originally might have used stripes on their tubing to confirm routing. It generally wasn't just plain tubing:

http://www.tblplastics.com/
Old 04-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 701 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter mcfly
Doubt it. Would be way too easy. If you're gonna replace them, take a piece of each with you to the store and match them up.
- the vacuum lines in my 85 are in extremely sad shape, and just about everything needs replacing. after 30 years, or so, just touching them, and you'll get a black, powdery crap all over your hands. even the plastic tubing is pretty brittle, and just about everything is patch work. most likely, I match up sizes from samples taken off the car, buy 5 or 10 feet of each size, and spend a Saturday afternoon custom fitting each piece. probably only a couple different sizes were used, and standard automotive vacuum tubing should work just fine!
Old 04-02-2015, 11:32 AM
TBSS/85vette
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

You can get the vacuum line and connectors at Advance Auto, both hard and soft. I had the plenum off to do the injectors and if you just nudged them they broke, but it's not any more difficult with the plenum on. I just reused the existing connectors where possible and spent less than $15.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum line sizes

Quick Reply: Vacuum line sizes