C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Loose Seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 AM
32valvesftw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loose Seat

My drivers seat was functioning fine and felt great, then out of the blue the seat feels loose. the bottom will move fore and aft a little bit when I brake and when I accelerate. Has anyone run across this before. I did search, and found lots of information for the C5 seats but very little for the C4.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:24 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by 32valvesftw
My drivers seat was functioning fine and felt great, then out of the blue the seat feels loose. the bottom will move fore and aft a little bit when I brake and when I accelerate. Has anyone run across this before. I did search, and found lots of information for the C5 seats but very little for the C4.
Is it just the seat bottom or the whole seat either way it is very easy to pull the seat bottom out to see there is a u shaped wire in the front of the seat under the bottom flip that and pull the bottom right out
Old 04-01-2015, 11:30 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Is it just the seat bottom or the whole seat either way it is very easy to pull the seat bottom out to see there is a u shaped wire in the front of the seat under the bottom flip that and pull the bottom right out
What year not sure if it makes a differance but this is how my 94 is
Old 04-01-2015, 11:32 AM
steve1657
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Hi 32 Valve. I'll be watching this one, my 95 has the same issue. Please keep us updated to what you find !! I started to look around, but also did find anything directly related.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:45 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by steve1657
Hi 32 Valve. I'll be watching this one, my 95 has the same issue. Please keep us updated to what you find !! I started to look around, but also did find anything directly related.
Did you pull the bottom out?
Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM
32valvesftw
Instructor

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Did you pull the bottom out?
I have not pulled the seat bottom yet, the rectangular clip is still there.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:03 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

I have not pulled the seat bottom yet, the rectangular clip is still there.
Just flip it and pull the seat you can figure out your problem better if you can see it
Old 04-01-2015, 08:26 PM
32valvesftw
Instructor

I did pull the bottom cushion, checked what could, the movement is happening between the two sliding rails, there does not seem to be much I can do about it though. If the seat is most of the way back the seat bottom is solid, no movement at all. I'm 6'2" but I prefer to be closer to the pedals than some folks, so where I keep the seat is where the two rails have some distance between them. All bolts are tight, to look deeper into the rails to see if there is a broken wheel or something in there I would need to remove the seat. I am having too much fun driving the car to remove the seat!@!! The other thing is that the drivers seat back does not appear to lock so I think I am feeling that more than anything else, the seat back moving forward slightly when I brake.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:42 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

I did pull the bottom cushion, checked what could, the movement is happening between the two sliding rails, there does not seem to be much I can do about it though. If the seat is most of the way back the seat bottom is solid, no movement at all. I'm 6'2" but I prefer to be closer to the pedals than some folks, so where I keep the seat is where the two rails have some distance between them. All bolts are tight, to look deeper into the rails to see if there is a broken wheel or something in there I would need to remove the seat. I am having too much fun driving the car to remove the seat!@!! The other thing is that the drivers seat back does not appear to lock so I think I am feeling that more than anything else, the seat back moving forward slightly when I brake.
Sounds like you will figue it out once you have time and it pisses you off enough enjoy the ride
Old 04-01-2015, 11:12 PM
gdl2165
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 83 Posts

My 96 driver's seat did the same thing, looking at it I couldn't see any way that I could fix it myself. My passenger seat was fine, I know there are companies that rebuild the seat bases but what I ended up doing was just pulled both seats out and swapped the bases. It wasn't all that hard to do, just took a little time.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:42 AM
32valvesftw
Instructor

Originally Posted by gdl2165
My 96 driver's seat did the same thing, looking at it I couldn't see any way that I could fix it myself. My passenger seat was fine, I know there are companies that rebuild the seat bases but what I ended up doing was just pulled both seats out and swapped the bases. It wasn't all that hard to do, just took a little time.
Thats a good idea!
Also for anyone else doing this in the future, the clip on the bottom seat cushion is a lot easier to get back in place with a helper to push the cushion and clip low enough to get a screwdriver under it so you get the clip back on.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:51 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Originally Posted by gdl2165
This will work but will **** off the wife pull the top off and best to have a helper so you don't scrach things up

Get notified of new replies

To Loose Seat

Quick Reply: Loose Seat