C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Brake line identification

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 10:41 PM
rusty57
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake line identification

I am hoping someone may be able to help. I have a C4 suspension under a 57 BelAir with the understanding that it was an early year. I recently ordered replacement brake hoses which I had a problem with. The lines I received were inverted flare where as my existing are bubble flare. Does anyone know if and when the C4 changed to bubble flare? I dont know whether I received incorrect lines or if the suspension I have may be of a later model than I had believed. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:53 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by rusty57
I am hoping someone may be able to help. I have a C4 suspension under a 57 BelAir with the understanding that it was an early year. I recently ordered replacement brake hoses which I had a problem with. The lines I received were inverted flare where as my existing are bubble flare. Does anyone know if and when the C4 changed to bubble flare? I dont know whether I received incorrect lines or if the suspension I have may be of a later model than I had believed. Thanks for ny help.
The suspension "in your particular" situation has absolutely nothing to do with the brake hydraulics. If the calipers are original to the suspension, are they single piston units OR two piston units? In the rear do you have shoes for an e-brake or does it have a mechanically applied lever for the caliper?

They're all done with Metric-bubble, GM (Metric Male Mushroom Flared) or industry standard (I.S.O male flare)anywhere the hard-line is done to the flexible hose.

The female mating end "of yours" needs to match the construction of the hard-lines on your chassis. How was your chassis plumbed? All else is worthless conversation. There are fittings done to accomplish exactly what you need likely to use what you received but was what you received an Internet order, someone's failed QC parts, just mis-packaged parts OR an intentioned assembly by the vendor that requires some "adaption" to make it a "universal" part.

What is brand of part, part number and the source? This information could maybe help you.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-04-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Brake line identification