C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Please someone help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 PM
JPCJ
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help

JPCJ I have a 92 vette automatic my 1st been waiting all my life to get her and yes finally!!!!
of course shes been having some minor probs but been dealing with it...,until this morning...ahhhh last night got home pulled her into the garage np...this morning went out got in no start ...ahhh checked everything checks out fuses good full charge battery, jumped starer cranks fine shot a Little starting fluid fired right up was going to jump fuel pump to keep fuel running but decided to come on here see if there is a way to bypass the security on the ignition? help

Is my 1st time on here Im 20+ mechanic thanks for any help and if i can help any of you i will do my best for you all

Last edited by JPCJ; 04-23-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

VATS disable the injectors, not the fuel pump. Did you clean the VATS pellet on the key and try again? ps - if it sensed a bad reading from the key you need to wait about 3 minutes before trying again. A little confusing though a VATS is also supposed to disable the starter. You might have another issue going on here.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by aminnich
VATS disable the injectors, not the fuel pump. Did you clean the VATS pellet on the key and try again? ps - if it sensed a bad reading from the key you need to wait about 3 minutes before trying again. A little confusing though a VATS is also supposed to disable the starter. You might have another issue going on here.
He jumped the starter.........I tried cleaning my key still hit and miss new key fine ever since
Old 04-23-2015, 05:41 PM
JPCJ
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aminnich
thank you sooo much actually i ran a remote starterdirect to the starter to check the starter :o) thank you ill try.. is there a way to bypass or disable the VATS?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by JPCJ
thank you sooo much actually i ran a remote starterdirect to the starter to check the starter :o) thank you ill try.. is there a way to bypass or disable the VATS?
Yes you can but why would you want to? Do research sure it's in here someplace
Old 04-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Pa'svette
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17-'18,'19

Originally Posted by JPCJ
If you tried jumping at the battery and it won't crank it's probably the starter interrupt relay ($16.00 at NAPA). But like the other guys said try cleaning the key first, the relay is harder to get to.
PA
Old 04-24-2015, 11:07 AM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Default same issue

I had the same problem when I got my C4. I replaced the ignition switch with a brand new switch and key.. never had the problem again and it has been six years..
Originally Posted by Pa'svette
If you tried jumping at the battery and it won't crank it's probably the starter interrupt relay ($16.00 at NAPA). But like the other guys said try cleaning the key first, the relay is harder to get to.
PA
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM
woody41
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What do you clean the VATS pellet with???
Old 04-24-2015, 12:33 PM
aminnich
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by woody41
What do you clean the VATS pellet with???
Rubbing alcohol.

Get notified of new replies

To Please someone help

Quick Reply: Please someone help