C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

84 corvette vacuum line help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 09:00 PM
phucking-low
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 corvette vacuum line help

When i picked up my 84 corvette it was half torn apart when i got it, so i am in the process of putting it back together and i ran into these plastic vacuum lines. The first is one on the back of the intake manifold that had a 90 degree elbow coming off white check valve thing as seen in picture. I touched it and the plastic line feel apart, when i gently pulled on the plastic line that goes into the harness it all pulled out of the harness. I pulled the plastic and tape around the harness all the way to where it goes into the car in the middle of the fire wall and i cant find the other end.

In the second pic i found two more of these plastic vacuum lines and on the passenger side i believe one of the goes to what the pink arrow is pointing at, but the other i have no clue.

Can someone who knows where these need to go please give me some help. I want to just run new line to where ever they are coming from.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

It appears that everything you've pointed out is for the AC/heater control aspect of the vacuum system. Under the hood you should also have vacuum source connections to the cruise control and the brake booster. You need to check and confirm vacuum to those components.

Here's the AC vacuum diagram:

Name:  '84 AC.jpg
Views: 2712
Size:  92.1 KB
Old 04-27-2015, 09:51 AM
phucking-low
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the cruise control lines and brake booster lines are there. I need to know where the that hard plastic vacuum line goes to that comes out of the white check valve. It appeared to go into the harness and most of it pulled out but where it goes after that I have no clue. That diagram is basically gibberish to me, I cant make sense of any of that.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:55 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by phucking-low
yes the cruise control lines and brake booster lines are there. I need to know where the that hard plastic vacuum line goes to that comes out of the white check valve. It appeared to go into the harness and most of it pulled out but where it goes after that I have no clue. That diagram is basically gibberish to me, I cant make sense of any of that.
Under-hood aspect is the top in black/gray, if you can't sort that then you could maybe have issues.

Start at the vacuum storage tank and work from there. I'm guessing that the line to the tank is maybe disconnected.

Get notified of new replies

To 84 corvette vacuum line help

Quick Reply: 84 corvette vacuum line help