C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 still will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 PM
slicker358
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1995 still will not start

My stock 1995 LT1 ran fine until about 10 weeks ago. Suddenly would not start. Replaced fuel pump and pressure regulator. Fuel pressure now reads 42 pounds and maintains after pump shut off. Replaced coil and ignition control module. Still no start. Put light on spark plug wire, as engine cranks each plug firing, but spark appears weak. Will not start even with starter fluid. I have 2 questions, although further suggestions are welcome. Will weak spark prevent an engine from starting? Second, as the spark is apparently being distributed to the plugs, however weak, does this mean the problem is isolated to the optispark/distributor/rotor assembly? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by slicker358
Will not start even with starter fluid.
Usually that eliminates a fuel problem. I suppose it's possible that you might still have one, but it's unlikely.

So your problem appears to be spark related. That could be spark at the wrong time, spark going to the wrong place (wires crossed) or some other issue, like loose connections.

You said "weak spark". "Weak" is pretty hard to define. I guess a spark tester could help you determine if that is indeed your problem.

Quick Reply: 1995 still will not start