C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

EGR & Emissions Removal - 1993 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Boss Lady
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default EGR & Emissions Removal - 1993 LT1

The new American Racing Headers I will be installing were ordered without the emissions fittings. I've seen a few posts on removing the EGR Valve and associated piping, but nothing specific to the 1993. Is there anything I will need other than the 2 Block Off Plates for the backside of the Intake Manifold? Any tips, tricks or recommendations for this removal is greatly appreciated. Also, is it necessary to leave the EGR Solenoid plugged in to prevent the SES Light from coming on? Thanks!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 PM
8a8mfh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will need the block off plates for the EGR and A.I.R. at the back of the intake.
You might as well remove the entire A.I.R. system while you're at it if not done already.
Leave all the solenoids plugged in to avoid the ses light.

Long tube headers and the stock '93 one wire O2 sensors are not likely going to go well together. You might look into doing a heated O2 sensor conversion.

Getting some kind of tuning done isn't a bad idea. I just got done with a email tune on mine. Tell the tuner your mods and they modify your programming and email it.
I already had the hardware to burn chips so I just had to take the modified tune, burn it to a chip, drive, modify, burn changes, drive, modify, etc, etc. Also deleted the solenoids.

Might think it's easier to have it dyno tuned....only if you have an LT1 speed density tuner near by. Not many left.

Quick Reply: EGR & Emissions Removal - 1993 LT1