C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

INFL REST Reset Tool for 1990

Old 05-05-2015, 03:36 PM
flyinrazrback
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default INFL REST Reset Tool for 1990

Does anyone know where to find one of those reset tools that Ecklers & Mid America used to sell that were about $22? I have been trying to track one down without luck. If anyone knows where to source one or has one I can buy/borrow, please PM me!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:47 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 218 Likes on 172 Posts

May help (?): https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...elp-reset.html
Old 05-12-2015, 11:15 AM
jimmers
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm assuming the light is stuck on? Have you tried cleaning the sensors on the frame? My light was constantly on, but once I cleaned the sensors and frame, the light finally went off.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:23 PM
dgantt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cleaned and sanded mine last week, bye bye light!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:36 PM
Stellabarbara
Stellabarbara
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by dgantt
Cleaned and sanded mine last week, bye bye light!
I took my 1990 reluctinantly to the dealership after my mechanic said he didn't have to DRB1 needed to diagnose the issue. After having it for 4 days, they were unable to fix the issue and the code of 26 and 36 were coming up. No parts available, but a used SIR on eBay for 289.00 may correct the issue, but maybe not. Not willing to let my sweetie sit there on this glorious memorial weekend, I opted for them to just put her back together and I would live with the lights on ( seatbelt and infl). Sad!
When I got to the dealership, they told me they had good news and bad news..... Good news - the mechanic was upset he could not fix my issue so he went back under the dash pulled and cleaned every connector he could find. Let the car sit for one hour then hooked the battery up. All lights went out .... Yeah!!!!! Bad news - it cost me 271.00 dollars. I was happy with this knowing the used eBay part was 289.00 and a DERM was 4 to 8 hundred for a refurbished part and then the cost of the hourly rate... 1200.00 I was not willing to pay... Now sweetie is happy and I have no lights on her dash..... Yeah.... Bye bye lights too... Finally they are gone... She now has 13,814 miles and I hope the light stays off for another 18,000 miles.no tools needed....

Last edited by Stellabarbara; 05-23-2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 05-24-2015, 09:48 AM
ozzyrulesme
Racer

Had the same problem. Tried cleaning the frame and bottom of sensor. Still couldn't clear the code. Took a gamble and bought a used derm off of eBay. Hooked it up and cleared the code.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Stellabarbara
Stellabarbara
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by ozzyrulesme
Had the same problem. Tried cleaning the frame and bottom of sensor. Still couldn't clear the code. Took a gamble and bought a used derm off of eBay. Hooked it up and cleared the code.
So you were not afraid to purchase a DERM off of eBay? Was there a warranty? I just hope mine stays off... But so far so good..
We are ready for the rest of the summer
Old 05-24-2015, 10:27 PM
ozzyrulesme
Racer

Originally Posted by Stellabarbara
So you were not afraid to purchase a DERM off of eBay? Was there a warranty? I just hope mine stays off... But so far so good..
We are ready for the rest of the summer
Really had no choice. They don't make that part anymore. The guy said it tested out ok. So I took a chance. It worked. I looked for a year till I came across it.. They sell ones for 91 and up but not 90.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:28 PM
mrlmd
Drifting

Received 297 Likes on 198 Posts

To the OP - I don't know where you got that method for resetting the code but you are doing it wrong. Post #9 and 13 explain it well and that is the way to do it. The only thing is, the timing is critical and if you don't get it right the first time, then do it again. It works as it the correct way to clear the code without bypassing the system, spending way too much unnecessary money, and possibly screwing up the car.

Get notified of new replies

To INFL REST Reset Tool for 1990

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: INFL REST Reset Tool for 1990