C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Transmission Gurus/Tuners question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:19 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Default Transmission Gurus/Tuners question...

With a 93 Automatic, we have the TV cable and a couple electronic tables that we can change, at least in CATs tuner.
To get the car to shift on its own down, kick down, while passing etc, what electronic tables within the tune can be changed to make this happen. Mine doesnt do it from 4th to 3rd all the time, as I think electronic paramters and speeds are being met. No definitive speeds it does.. Sorry.
I see TCC lock/unlock%TPSvs Speed. Is there a set definition for these tables, or do people modify them?
ALso, for TCC Unlock Prevention Speed Threshhold, mine was set to 64mph. I think that it why mine lugs down and locks, at WOT.
I adjusted my ASR/TV Cable according to FSM with torque wrench at ASR etc, checked all my pressures according to FSM and its right on.
I have a 4L60, 2800 single clutch Vigilante and 3.73 gears.

Last edited by krackenvette; 06-28-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

Transmission is not electric shift. Cable controls shift points. ECM controls TCC. TCC should not engage during WOT. Changing governor may allow for higher forced downshift speed. With the 3.73 rear axle ratio TCC really should not cause issues during accel.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:00 PM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevova
Transmission is not electric shift. Cable controls shift points. ECM controls TCC. TCC should not engage during WOT. Changing governor may allow for higher forced downshift speed. With the 3.73 rear axle ratio TCC really should not cause issues during accel.
On My Corvette as well as everyone elses, the TCC does engage at WOT. Its an electronic setting within CATS Tuner.. Most are set to 90-100 area. Some tuners do move it to the right for drag racing.
I know the Transmission isnt electronic shifting, and isnt supported by ECM to do so, like 94-96. But, there are settings in there that control the TCC and I was curious if those can be changed to effect the transmission shifting due to pressure changes etc when converter is unlocked.
92/93 with ASR are different too, as 92 and 93 are different valve bodies.. Electronically they are a bit different.

Get notified of new replies

To Transmission Gurus/Tuners question...

Quick Reply: Transmission Gurus/Tuners question...