C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 mechanic/shop recommendation in Tucson AZ

Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Double Aught
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default LT1 mechanic/shop recommendation in Tucson AZ

I have a restomod LT1 and need a reputable shop preferably in Tucson, but might be willing to bring the car to Phoenix. It has an LT1 (94) in it and the shop I have it at now has been sitting on it for about four months. The issue facing me is the engine will not start. They fixed some wiring issues that were done incorrectly by me and my friend that helped me, did all of the routine checks on a no-start LT1 and everything seemed to be up to spec. They even poured a bit of gasoline directly into the plenum and the car started right up but once it ran out of gas, it wouldn't start again. Yes, it is holding fuel pressure at 40lbs. Ran injector cleaner through it also. All major components beginning with the starter all the way to ICM and coil and everything in between had been replaced with new parts by me prior to taking to these guys. I suspect a bad computer.They do restomods there and they are finishing up an L98 conversion for a 55 chevy. I just need this completed and I am tired of waiting. Four months is long enough. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:40 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Could have fixed yourself with help in here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 mechanic/shop recommendation in Tucson AZ