C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

61' vette w/ 96 grand sport ecm wiring needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 04:44 PM
61grandsport
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 61' vette w/ 96 grand sport ecm wiring needed

Hey guys/gals,

I am currently trying to finish up wiring up a 96 grand sport ecm harness into my wife's grandfathers 61' that was half ways done by the time I got to the car.

Chassis wiring was easy because he went through a company and had all the wiring chassis diagrams. However, as for the ecm for a 96 lt4? Grand sport motor. All I can get my hands on is diagrams from all data to in which they have not been of much use.

I need to know which Red (power) wires in each plug go to what section of the fuse panel? He has a after market generic fuse panel for the wiring and there is different spots for the ignition efi and battery efi.

I'm a bit confused on whether I would hook up the red wires for the injectors to ignition or battery efi power and don't know which wire supply the ecm with power so that I can get power to check the fuel pump wiring and all other wiring is correct

Any guidance or better wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

And I'm sure you all get a lot of lazy posters that just want to fill up threads with questions like this, but I've tried just about every where to include all data, street & performance, automotive American wiring company, even the gm dealership.

Last edited by 61grandsport; 07-05-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:16 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

If SpeedScene is still around, and I can't imagine they've wandered off I would imagine they would be the easiest "finish" for you to the car. You might mention in this post the chassis, who was the fabricator for the chassis hardware etc. Is it maybe SRiii? All of that is quite relative.

SpeedScene understands the stuff and I've only seen one of their harnesses, it seemed quite nice. It was in a car and "DONE" - looked quite tidy. SpeedScene/Painless might be the same outfit OR they've just got a very good relationship. You need I'd think one or the other. My first call might be SpeedScene. Be prepared to give them as much information regarding the car, the harnesses that have been previously installed, part numbers if you've go them, copies of instructions you might have and SNAPSHOTS. The more prepared you are, I'd think might control the "quality of the conversation".

Here's a SpeedScene LT4 harness that looks quite complete and ready to go:

http://speedscenewiring.com/pro-harn...-wire-harness/

If you've already got a similar harness to that in the link I'd think the easiest and best completion is to contact the fabricator. If you have a harness like that in the link then I'd think if you want to sort it yourself you post a snapshot of each primary connector. You wouldn't need to post those of injectors etc but there has to be "blunt cut" ends that have very well thought out destinations by the original fabricator.

If you wanted you could just get a '96 FSM, sort the connectors you have and use it to complete your project. FSM - Factory Service Manual '96 Corvette by HELM. If you've a good idea of what you're doing and you have a harness like displayed in the link it should be sufficient I'd think to accomplish it.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-05-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:30 PM
61grandsport
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
If SpeedScene is still around, and I can't imagine they've wandered off I would imagine they would be the easiest "finish" for you to the car. You might mention in this post the chassis, who was the fabricator for the chassis hardware etc. Is it maybe SRiii? All of that is quite relative.

SpeedScene understands the stuff and I've only seen one of their harnesses, it seemed quite nice. It was in a car and "DONE" - looked quite tidy. SpeedScene/Painless might be the same outfit OR they've just got a very good relationship. You need I'd think one or the other. My first call might be SpeedScene. Be prepared to give them as much information regarding the car, the harnesses that have been previously installed, part numbers if you've go them, copies of instructions you might have and SNAPSHOTS. The more prepared you are, I'd think might control the "quality of the conversation".

Here's a SpeedScene LT4 harness that looks quite complete and ready to go:

http://speedscenewiring.com/pro-harn...-wire-harness/

If you've already got a similar harness to that in the link I'd think the easiest and best completion is to contact the fabricator. If you have a harness like that in the link then I'd think if you want to sort it yourself you post a snapshot of each primary connector. You wouldn't need to post those of injectors etc but there has to be "blunt cut" ends that have very well thought out destinations by the original fabricator.
The chassis is a custom built chassis for a 61 corvette body from a place out of oregon.

The grand sport motor and zf 6 speed he put in it is from a crashed 96' grand sport corvette. The chassis harness, fuse block were all bought aftermarket from a company called American auto wire, but the owner of the car does not remember where he got the ecm wiring harness. I've contacted American auto wire and all they deal in is strictly chassis wiring and not ecm.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:13 AM
rodj
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

This might be some help
For F/B bodies but all LT1's used the same #ECM ( per year model ) regardless of fitment

http://www.lt1swap.com/lt1_pcm_pinout.htm

http://www.lt1swap.com/1994_f_body_w...ss_schemat.htm

Diagrams from the FSM here
http://www.lt1swap.com/1994_f_body_w...ss_schemat.htm

like this showing the inj supply arrangement

http://www.lt1swap.com/pictures/100_1775.jpg

Get notified of new replies

To 61' vette w/ 96 grand sport ecm wiring needed

Quick Reply: 61' vette w/ 96 grand sport ecm wiring needed