C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Randini55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Just bought a 94 and with this only being my 2nd vette other was a 95 I am not real familiar with what what is stock and what may have been added. Looking at the mufflers they are MagnaFlow so def think those were added and when looking at the engine it has a SLP steel headers. I am thinking that it looks like the whole exhaust system may have been replaced until i look at the tips which have some rust. Could the original tips have been still used on an upgraded system or did they just rust more for some reason?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Randini55
Intermediate

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
0Magna_Flow
Former Vendor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Randini55
Just bought a 94 and with this only being my 2nd vette other was a 95 I am not real familiar with what what is stock and what may have been added. Looking at the mufflers they are MagnaFlow so def think those were added and when looking at the engine it has a SLP steel headers. I am thinking that it looks like the whole exhaust system may have been replaced until i look at the tips which have some rust. Could the original tips have been still used on an upgraded system or did they just rust more for some reason?
If the mufflers were added individually and not part of a cat-back or axl-eback exhaust system like one of these, then they may very well have reused the OEM tips. We do make a individual exhaust tips with various pipe diameters and configurations. MagnaFlow exhaust tips are polished stainless steel that last up to five times longer than chrome tips and they also come with a lifetime warranty against defects.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02tips.asp
Old 07-06-2015, 10:57 PM
gdl2165
Pro

Received 116 Likes on 83 Posts

Those are shorty headers, look just like Doug's Brand, probably just rebranded by SLP. Take a look right after the pipe connection to those and see if you still have the catalytic converters. Other than those, on a stock system you'd see a resonator that looks like a muffler right in the middle under the car. The stock resonator has two pipes in and two pipes out.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,385 Likes on 917 Posts

I can't imagine there's anybody out there who'd swap out the stock manifolds and mufflers for headers and magnaflow mufflers, and leave the remainder of the OEM exhaust on the car. That would be completely nonsensical, to me.

Live well,

SJW
Old 07-07-2015, 07:59 PM
wro87
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used MELROSE Long Tube headers on our 87' they still look GREAT(jet hot coated) and sound GREAT no cats. no mufflers, just some megaphones at the back. You can still talk and listen to the radio with the top down.. Over the years we have many a set of ALLENS Exhaust from Mid America and direct Great fit and sound. It took us about 30 mins to put a set on our 92'ZR1 and what a difference. We have put then on C3's and C'4's and still all holding up well.

happy motoring
wro87
Old 07-08-2015, 06:01 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

the rest of the system flows pretty good.
Originally Posted by SJW
I can't imagine there's anybody out there who'd swap out the stock manifolds and mufflers for headers and magnaflow mufflers, and leave the remainder of the OEM exhaust on the car. That would be completely nonsensical, to me.

Live well,

SJW
Old 07-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Randini55
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
the rest of the system flows pretty good.

I think thwy swapped our everurhing except those tips. I thought those were originial maybe. The headers pipes an mufflers all look to hsve been replaced.

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust

Quick Reply: Exhaust