C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need advice on 1995 LT1 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:45 PM
jeffreyrinek
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need advice on 1995 LT1 engine

I am a member in this club but I have a C1 and C3 Corvette. I am hoping to get help for my son who has a 1995 LT1 engine in a camaro.
Hello,
Our car is breaking starters, not turning over We replaced both battery and starter. There is no water in the cylinders. We took the car to our regular shop that we have trusted for over 8 years. In March they replaced the head gaskets which had blown, and we paid to replace the heads which were cracked. Shortly after getting the car back, which ran well, we started experiencing broken starters. We were using the cheap re manufactured starters from O'Reilly, and we ended up exchanging two starters. We got the third starter, tried it, and it broke, engine still not turning over. About one month ago we had all the hoses changed at the repair shop as they were failing from the oil that got into them. After failing to get the car started, we had it towed over to the shop. He believed from the outset that the engine was hydraulic-ing and that he would find melted temperature tabs on the head gaskets. He called the next day to advise the engine was hydraulic-ing, but from gas. He said something had failed after they had returned the car to us. I believe they reassembled the fuel system incorrectly and should cover the repair under warranty. Needless to say, I am getting ready for small claims court but I was hoping to get any input from the forum. We had never had this problem before, and immediately after getting the car back it was breaking starters. We did not realize the starter problem would be related to fuel filling the cylinders, and we ended up buying an original starter because we had read how much better the OEM starter is. Any thoughts, suggestions, input. Can car even hydraulic from gas?
Thanks for any help.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:50 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Injectors leaking or the fpr pull the vacumme hose off the fpr and smell for gas
Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 PM
wydopnthrtl
Drifting

Received 290 Likes on 187 Posts

Just my 2 cents... if it was starting and running ok when you got it back... then its not the shops fault. If they had mis-assembled something it would not have been running right or re-starting at that time.

antfarmer2 is on track. What I'd do next is pull all the plugs and find out which cyl (if any) is filling with fuel. Chances are you have a leaking injector. (which if so.. is not their fault)

Get notified of new replies

To Need advice on 1995 LT1 engine

Quick Reply: Need advice on 1995 LT1 engine