C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 vette injector replacements

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 02:40 AM
drifter5674
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1994 vette injector replacements

Thinking about replacing injectors on a 1994 vette LT1.
Trying to figure out If should use low pressure or high pressure injectors.
What are the high impedance injectors for. Or should I say the injectors with low ohm number 12.6 vs. 14 to 16 ohm
What is the best replacement brand?
Thinking about Bosh, Acell or Auus
Old 07-31-2015, 08:52 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

I would stay the same and use bosch 3 get ahold of John at injection connections he comes highly recomended in here
Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
I would stay the same and use bosch 3 get ahold of John at injection connections he comes highly recomended in here
I work with Bosch motorsports on a very regular basis to buy parts and asked about Bosch III injectors and did not have the slightest idea of what they are. The various designs run from EV1 to EV14 at least as used in motorsports and told the same terms used for production cars. EVI1is what most C4 Corvettes built used if Bosch was OEM as Some had Rochester as well so does not apply there. The Bosch also come in various lengths from pico to long and we use long as opposed to standard short or pico. But there are no Bosch III where does this description some from in Bosch tech documents? Please show me a Bosch tech doc that uses this term so I might forward to my Bosch motorsports rep.
Dave
Old 08-01-2015, 05:57 AM
eutu1984
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

Originally Posted by ddahlgren
I work with Bosch motorsports on a very regular basis to buy parts and asked about Bosch III injectors and did not have the slightest idea of what they are. The various designs run from EV1 to EV14 at least as used in motorsports and told the same terms used for production cars. EVI1is what most C4 Corvettes built used if Bosch was OEM as Some had Rochester as well so does not apply there. The Bosch also come in various lengths from pico to long and we use long as opposed to standard short or pico. But there are no Bosch III where does this description some from in Bosch tech documents? Please show me a Bosch tech doc that uses this term so I might forward to my Bosch motorsports rep.
Dave
https://secure.fuelinjectorconnectio...injectors.html
Old 08-01-2015, 01:22 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

It does not matter what he calls them as Bosch does not. I could advertise I sell potato grapes or bacon fish does not mean they exist. I could make a fortune selling doughnut holes.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:53 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

It does not matter what he calls them as Bosch does not. I could advertise I sell potato grapes or bacon fish does not mean they exist. I could make a fortune selling doughnut holes.
What does bosch call them? Someone beat you to the doughnut holes.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:24 PM
eutu1984
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

everywhere I see them listed, they are listed as Bosch 3's, and they seem to be color coded, Yellow 22lb, Blue 24lb, and so on. you could always email him and see what he list them at or send a picture to your reps and see what they come up with.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:30 AM
drifter5674
Advanced

I was just trying to figure out what if any benefits there were in going up or down in pressure.
Up or down in ohms
I don't know if my injectors are stock or not.
The car has a Lingenfelter throttle body and other modifications.
I guess I will get the number off of one of the injectors and try to figure what it has got.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:32 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

After the ECM goes into closed loop mode there is no advantage to changing fuel pressure. The ECM will adjust the injector pulse width to get the correct AFR (if it can -- if the injector flow rate is too high the ECM won't be able to control it).

The above also applies to changing to injectors with different flow rates.

The high impedance and low impedance injectors are used in different applications. Early cars use batch fire injectors (all 8 fire at the same time). This requires a high impedance injector so the injector driver transistor does not burn up. '94 and later cars use low impedance injectors and there are 8 injector drivers. Each injector is pulsed independently of the others.

For reference, the FIC (Fuel Injector Connection) web site is at:

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/

Last edited by Cliff Harris; 08-03-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by drifter5674
I was just trying to figure out what if any benefits there were in going up or down in pressure.

Up or down in ohms

I don't know if my injectors are stock or not.

The car has a Lingenfelter throttle body and other modifications.
I guess I will get the number off of one of the injectors and try to figure what it has got.
Supposedly they make a finer mist if you up the pressure but that is the theory spouted. I just keep mine at stock pressure and the tune is setup for it.

Not a choice for us.

Not sure but a call to FIC will tell you if you have the Bosch number stamped on it.

What other modifications? Has the ECM been reprogrammed to compensate?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:58 PM
drifter5674
Advanced

Thanks
I have been looking at new, used and reman injectors on ebay.
The different pressures and impedance was confusing.
Bosh seems to be the way to go.
The injectors in the car all ohm 12.6
The car has not run in several years and the injectors all had old gas in them. I suspect some are not firing and others are leaking.

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
After the ECM goes into closed loop mode there is no advantage to changing fuel pressure. The ECM will adjust the injector pulse width to get the correct AFR (if it can -- if the injector flow rate is too high the ECM won't be able to control it).

The above also applies to changing to injectors with different flow rates.

The high impedance and low impedance injectors are used in different applications. Early cars use batch fire injectors (all 8 fire at the same time). This requires a high impedance injector so the injector driver transistor does not burn up. '94 and later cars use low impedance injectors and there are 8 injector drivers. Each injector is pulsed independently of the others.

For reference, the FIC (Fuel Injector Connection) web site is at:

http://www.fuelinjectorconnection.com/
Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM
drifter5674
Advanced

The car has lingenfelter throttle body, Headers, Borla exhaust, Nos high output inline fuel pump as well as the factory pump, adjustable return fuel pressure regulator, Nos nitrous. So I would assume computer has been programmed as well.
Current injectors ohm 12.6
The car has not been run in several years. I suspect bad gas taken its toll on injectors.

Originally Posted by aklim
Supposedly they make a finer mist if you up the pressure but that is the theory spouted. I just keep mine at stock pressure and the tune is setup for it.

Not a choice for us.

Not sure but a call to FIC will tell you if you have the Bosch number stamped on it.

What other modifications? Has the ECM been reprogrammed to compensate?

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 vette injector replacements

Quick Reply: 1994 vette injector replacements