C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

C4 help

Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Closs2sx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default C4 help

I have a friend I am trying to help trouble shoot a 1994 lt1 with an auto. In damp conditions or when the car is hot if you kick it down into passing gear it breaks up bad. I assume it's the opti but before he spends the money I thought I would see if anyone who has had the problem could confirm. He recently bought the car and doesn't know the history so I helped him change the fuel filter plugs and wires and it still does it but it needed the tune up anyway as it has 105k on the odo
The car runs fine just cruising and under easy acceleration
Any help would be great
Thanks
Brett
Old 08-31-2015, 11:44 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Yep my 94 did the same thing. I replaced the 02's and man what a differance. It has three of them the hardest one is the front pass side. Go to Orielys they loan the tool for $20 or buy it for $25 use the short one. I used bosch 02's.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Closs2sx
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
Yep my 94 did the same thing. I replaced the 02's and man what a differance. It has three of them the hardest one is the front pass side. Go to Orielys they loan the tool for $20 or buy it for $25 use the short one. I used bosch 02's.
I have the 02 tools. Thanks for the input. Did your car have a check engine light? This one does not. I would hate to replace the opti and find out that's not the problem 02s are cheaper and easier. I hope that's it for his sake as he doesn't have a whole lot of money and I am trying to help him as best and as cheap as I can to find the solution
Old 08-31-2015, 12:07 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Closs2sx
I have the 02 tools. Thanks for the input. Did your car have a check engine light? This one does not. I would hate to replace the opti and find out that's not the problem 02s are cheaper and easier. I hope that's it for his sake as he doesn't have a whole lot of money and I am trying to help him as best and as cheap as I can to find the solution
No light no code on mine. If he is low on funds just change the front two.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 help