C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

HVAC issue 1994 C4

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 09:39 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Default HVAC issue 1994 C4

I've had the a/c issue for a while and haven't been able to figure it out yet. One thing I have noticed is, when the weather is very hot outside the a/c won't blow cold. When weather is normal or cool, it works just fine. Sound like something is causing the a/c to have high pressure I'm thinking.

Is there an air filter in these cars? I'll start there.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:36 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Is your compressure cycling on and off alot? Might just need some freon.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:16 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Your temperature blend door might have a problem. Remove the resistor network (C60) or blower control module (C68) from the evaporator housing in the engine compartment and look into the opening. You will see the rusty blend door (they're always rusty for some reason).

Set the HVAC temperature to minimum and check the position of the blend door. It should be blocking the heater core.

Set the HVAC temperature to maximum and look at the blend door. It should block the opening into the HVAC ducts and leave the heater core exposed.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:23 PM
EVLGTO
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
Your temperature blend door might have a problem. Remove the resistor network (C60) or blower control module (C68) from the evaporator housing in the engine compartment and look into the opening. You will see the rusty blend door (they're always rusty for some reason).

Set the HVAC temperature to minimum and check the position of the blend door. It should be blocking the heater core.

Set the HVAC temperature to maximum and look at the blend door. It should block the opening into the HVAC ducts and leave the heater core exposed.
This does sound like it might be the problem. I do feel tons of heat coming in when it's blowing.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 PM
2VettesMike
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnect or remove the HVAC fuse in the passenger's side panel. Either way what you are doing is a hard reset on the HVAC controller and the servo blend door so it relearns it's position. Do not try moving the door by hand bad things will happen.

Since 1996 I have done this about 3 times when I've had a similar problem and it fixed it.

Good luck.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC issue 1994 C4

Quick Reply: HVAC issue 1994 C4