C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Cat

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 AM
Mishawaka
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cat

What all has to be done if I delete the cats? Does the computer need to be tuned? Will it be much louder? Rougher running? The diffuser has already been removed and have been thinking about installing an Xpipe. What affect would have on my 1992?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:27 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Mishawaka
What all has to be done if I delete the cats? Does the computer need to be tuned? Will it be much louder? Rougher running? The diffuser has already been removed and have been thinking about installing an Xpipe. What affect would have on my 1992?
Hi

Am not sure on the 92, however there are no fault codes or rough running from my hollow cat. Yes it may be a little louder but you may find the cat has disintegrated and is hollow.

That is when I removed my cat with the intention of ramming a pipe down it, for more performance to my surprise I found it hollow inside.
That is why my mufflers rattled, they were full of tiny rocks....
Old 09-02-2015, 08:13 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Is there something wrong with your car? Are you trying to fix something/increase HP?

Removing the Catalyst on an otherwise stock engine will do nothing for power. As long as the catalyst is operating properly. In fact its pretty illegal to remove a properly functioning catalyst in most parts of this country.

It will be louder, that is for sure. No need for a tune, will run just fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Cat

Quick Reply: Cat