C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1995 Opti vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Rocky Capone
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Opti vacuum lines

Does anyone have any info or diagrams on the vacuum lines? I "think" I can piece whats left of mine but would like some good information so I only do it once.
Basically looking for point a to point b connections along with the check valve. I am still searching for the GM book at a decent price and my simple generic 84-96 repair manual doesnt have enough detail.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:47 PM
mtwoolford
Melting Slicks

Received 194 Likes on 180 Posts

It's been awhile, and I don't remember the site, but I ordered a CD disc online that covers 1984-1996 Chevy Corvette Parts, and while it doesn't have all the prose / directions re maintenance and trouble shooting that the FSM does, it does have all the illustrations showing how all the parts go together (same as the FSM) and all the part numbers, something the FSM lacks. It was inexpensive and a great addition to the FSM.

Now assuming the 95 has the same vacumn harness as my 96, the small hose runs directly to the rubber intake bellows between the air cleaner and throttle body; the large hose runs to a filter and then to a check valve and then to the intake manifold. the filter and check valve, if OEM are unavailable, generic A/C parts are the same thing; for a filter I actually used a very small fuel filter which worked quite well.

My own original vacumn harness failed because the inlet hose to the opti got cut by the serpentine belt and the soft factory rubber hose leading from the opti to the intake manifold absorbed oil from leaking seals on the timing chain cover and collapsed onto itself.

In either case you can make your hoses slightly longer and route them away from potential damage and substitute more durable fuel hose for the soft OEM hose.

Quick Reply: 1995 Opti vacuum lines