C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'90 A/C Non Responsive

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:41 PM
MrStiggy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '90 A/C Non Responsive

My '90's A/C recently stopped working. The compressor was just replaced only about a month ago. Normally when I turn the car on I'll see the green light over the "OFF" button. But a couple days ago all that lights up on the A/C is the small screen but it is only illuminated orange with nothing displayed. None of the buttons respond to input, the A/C can't be turned on. My first thought was to replace the fuse but that did nothing.

Yes it's October, but I live in South Texas and there are still many more 90+ degree days left in the year . I still need my A/C lol.

Any input it appreciated, thanks!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:49 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by MrStiggy
My '90's A/C recently stopped working. The compressor was just replaced only about a month ago. Normally when I turn the car on I'll see the green light over the "OFF" button. But a couple days ago all that lights up on the A/C is the small screen but it is only illuminated orange with nothing displayed. None of the buttons respond to input, the A/C can't be turned on. My first thought was to replace the fuse but that did nothing.

Yes it's October, but I live in South Texas and there are still many more 90+ degree days left in the year . I still need my A/C lol.

tell me about it look around I have seen some threads on cleaning it and youtube shows you how it tests itself. not sure if it will work as you see nothing. there might be more than one fuse
Old 10-09-2015, 07:07 PM
MrStiggy
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
tell me about it look around I have seen some threads on cleaning it and youtube shows you how it tests itself. not sure if it will work as you see nothing. there might be more than one fuse
Yeah, I can't run tests because none of the buttons respond and nothing gets displayed. I'm hoping it's something simple and cheap but I'm worried it could be the module itself or the programmer.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:26 AM
john6277
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My new compressor issues fixed

Originally Posted by MrStiggy

Our C4s may be similar .Had my '95 coupe AC compressor replaced about 6 months ago. First I replaced the $18 (Advanced Auto) A/C relay by the left front wheel well. No real effect but worth the try. All my controls with indicator lamps and fan worked only sometimes, and A/C did not always get cold. The problem was the electrical connector on top of the new compressor. The old side of the connection was oxidized and somewhat burnt. Replaced this side of the electrical plug and with the now good contact the A/C works great ALL the time. Also, you may want to look on youtube chris fix for the 1 hour job of taking out and cleaning the temp control display and controls. Not a difficult job, and requires just some contact cleaner and a pencil eraser. My controls now work fine. Good luck. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...illy_nilly.gif John

Get notified of new replies

To '90 A/C Non Responsive

Quick Reply: '90 A/C Non Responsive