C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

93 fog lights don't come on

Old 10-15-2015, 02:12 PM
wzschirnt
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 93 fog lights don't come on

Hi,

The fog lights don't want to come on.

Push the button and the little indicator light comes on, but no fog lights. Light switch on for parking lights and for headlights, but no fog lights come on.

Bulbs are good - pulled them, connected to power source and they lit up.

I'm thinking the relay is bad. But where is it? I have the feeling that the relay location may be the reason the previous owner didn't fix them! :-(

Thanks,
walt z.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:00 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Do you have HID or LED headlights? The fog lights on some years are grounded through the headlight filaments. If you don't have filaments then the fog lights won't work.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
wzschirnt
Racer

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
Do you have HID or LED headlights? The fog lights on some years are grounded through the headlight filaments. If you don't have filaments then the fog lights won't work.
No to both. All stock stuff. I have read the threads on the grounding issues. Don't think they apply to my situation.

Looks like the relay is behind the glove box from what I can see in the FSM. It says to remove 2 screws and the whole thing falls apart. Can't believe it is that simple!! Fixin' to find out.

Thanks,
walt z.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by wzschirnt
No to both. All stock stuff. I have read the threads on the grounding issues. Don't think they apply to my situation.

Looks like the relay is behind the glove box from what I can see in the FSM. It says to remove 2 screws and the whole thing falls apart. Can't believe it is that simple!! Fixin' to find out.

Thanks,
walt z.
wish you luck Tex
Old 10-16-2015, 12:37 PM
wzschirnt
Racer

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
wish you luck Tex
Ok, so it is more than 2 screws; more like 5 (and 2 more that I didn't have to remove). And the carpet pieces have some velcro on it also.

Just had to grow another joint in my wrist and out came the relay. Swapped the relay next to it - interior lights apparently - and fogs came on. So, bad fog light relay.

Looks like a standard 5 prong relay. Get another and then see if I remember how to put it all together.

walt z.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:43 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by wzschirnt
Ok, so it is more than 2 screws; more like 5 (and 2 more that I didn't have to remove). And the carpet pieces have some velcro on it also.

Just had to grow another joint in my wrist and out came the relay. Swapped the relay next to it - interior lights apparently - and fogs came on. So, bad fog light relay.

Looks like a standard 5 prong relay. Get another and then see if I remember how to put it all together.

walt z.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 PM
wzschirnt
Racer

Originally Posted by antfarmer2
All together. No extra parts!! Works wonderful! Relay was $11.50.

Now to look at the 'Tone Generator'. No warning noises for lights, belts, etc. Looks like this is MORE buried than the relay!! :-(

Later
walt z.

Get notified of new replies

To 93 fog lights don't come on

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 fog lights don't come on