C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Head lamp doors

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 04:33 PM
slicker358
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head lamp doors

I have a stock 95 coupe. The right head lamp door sometimes does not come open. The lamp will light, but the door doesn't open. In that case I must lift the hood and turn the **** to get the light open. Is there away to make the doors stay open permanently, even with the lights off, so that I can delay fixing the door until I am motivated? After I crank the door open by hand, if I shut off the lights both doors close. Thanks for any help
Old 10-22-2015, 04:41 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

just disconnect the motors. then when your up to it spend the six bucks and replace the pucks.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:04 AM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

There's plenty of video on how to repair the headlight motor gears and pucks. It took me 8 months to get my port side working correctly, just in time for the other one to malfunction, and it's gears have already been replaced.

Rick
Old 10-24-2015, 09:37 AM
slicker358
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your replies. I had a couple of C-3s in the past, and there were ***** under the dash that allowed you to keep the doors open without having the lights on. I know they were vacuum operated doors. In any event, the manual that came with my 95, the one from Chevrolet that fits in the glove box, says that in cold and icy weather you should keep the doors open so they don't freeze up in the down position. I thought there would be a switch some where that would allow that without the lights being on.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:56 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by slicker358
Thank you for your replies. I had a couple of C-3s in the past, and there were ***** under the dash that allowed you to keep the doors open without having the lights on. I know they were vacuum operated doors. In any event, the manual that came with my 95, the one from Chevrolet that fits in the glove box, says that in cold and icy weather you should keep the doors open so they don't freeze up in the down position. I thought there would be a switch some where that would allow that without the lights being on.
If you find it let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Head lamp doors

Quick Reply: Head lamp doors