C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 No Start- Anti-Theft? Electrical?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Hobbitrabbit
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerardvg
Hi

See the starter wiring diagram, the ecm has nothing to do with it.
Most likely the starter solenoid or the starter interrupt relay, now with the wiring diagram you can check where the problem is.

From memory the starter interrupt relay is behind the center information panel, remove the trim panel and the switch/check engine light panel.

Will add the relay location diagram when I get home from work
(is 2:30pm here in Oz)

So check where you have power from the diagram below, the gear selector must be in neutral or park.
The theft deterrent controller grounds the starter interrupt relay, if the security is not disabled with key in door that could be the problem also .

Check the purple wire gets 12 volts when turning the ignition switch to start, if it doesn't check the starter interrupt and theft deterrent .

Alright, so I tested the Starter Interrupt Relay. I am indeed getting 12.4ish volts every time I turn the key. No problems there. No codes either. Still no start.

When I turn the key there's a light click sound coming from the passenger side. I'm thinking it's the solenoid.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:53 PM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

I think your right might just be arked up take it out and starter in one piece and get it tested or rebuilt. disconnect the battery first or you will bump your head!!!!

Last edited by antfarmer2; 11-28-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 1985 No Start- Anti-Theft? Electrical?