C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need to lower the ZF6 transmission, what do you suggest?

Old 12-01-2015, 03:41 AM
LouisvilleLT4
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by psychodiagnostik
I lowered my automatic with the cheap harbor freight "low profile" unit, worked great.

Am I seeing that last picture right? Did you somehow detach the shifter rod? I just don't see one in the picture. When I did it that thing would NOT get out of the way.

About the job, I remember the hardest part was just getting the transmission back up on top of something under the car, high enough off the ground to even think about pivoting it onto the top of a jack or something. If I remember right, I just gave up and had a second person get under the car and help me bench press it into place.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by LouisvilleLT4
Am I seeing that last picture right? Did you somehow detach the shifter rod? I just don't see one in the picture. When I did it that thing would NOT get out of the way.

About the job, I remember the hardest part was just getting the transmission back up on top of something under the car, high enough off the ground to even think about pivoting it onto the top of a jack or something. If I remember right, I just gave up and had a second person get under the car and help me bench press it into place.
Pretty sure he said "automatic" in his post. That explains the lack of shifter.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:56 AM
LouisvilleLT4
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Pretty sure he said "automatic" in his post. That explains the lack of shifter.
Haha ok. I looked at the thread title and not the friggin thing in the picture, which does not look much like a ZF6.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Christi@n
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Old 12-02-2015, 08:57 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,383 Likes on 917 Posts

This is why I never took mine off the jack while I had it out. Such is life when doing a clutch with the car on a Kwiklift.

Live well,

SJW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to lower the ZF6 transmission, what do you suggest?