C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

94 rear exhaust pipe setup

Old 12-19-2015, 09:59 PM
jframe
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Default 94 rear exhaust pipe setup

Does anyone have a photo of how the catback exhaust hangs on a 94 LT1? Mine has some "creative engineering", and I recently bought the Corvette Central straight pipes with Magnaflow muffler system and two of the spring type hangers to go with it. My spring type hangers are missing, hence the creative engineered exhaust. I want this kit to fit right, so I need to see how the pipes hang. The ones in the kit have a tab on each side right where it "y"'s around the spare tire. I need to see how this setup is supposed to look. I know there are hangers for the mufflers on the rear rebar, and I will have to fix one of those because at one time this car took a small hit right on the spot in the bumper that one side mounts. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:14 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

Here is a '92+ LT exhaust system that shows the hardware required and it's locations. Not knowing precisely what you've purchased you should be able to decipher your needs from this image. I'm providing you also a link that you can open much larger. If you've questions you might use this as a reference for your questions.

http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.co...rimLevel=25296

Name:  0109121Y03-082.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  68.4 KB
Old 12-19-2015, 10:34 PM
jframe
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I have bought a straight pipe system from Corvette Central that incorporates Magnaflow mufflers in the stock locations at the rear with LT1 style tips. The previous owner "built" his own system with Magnapack Magnaflows in the trans tunnel, and eliminated the spring type hangers at the rear y pipe. Instead, he used coat hanger to wire the pipes to the spare tire brackets. Just a junky install. I managed to find the spring type hangers used, but I was wondering how they mount to the body. Thanks for the drawing; it's pretty detailed. I think view A in the drawing should help tell how they mount. Hopefully, these hangers will help eliminate some of the noise and vibration I'm experiencing at idle now. I think those springs help with noise, vibration, and harshness.

Last edited by jframe; 12-19-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:01 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

There's a snapshot in this thread of the LT hangers bolted to the differential.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1586841441
The following users liked this post:
jframe (12-20-2015)

Get notified of new replies

To 94 rear exhaust pipe setup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 rear exhaust pipe setup