C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Right Hand Drive Parking Brake Saga

Old 02-04-2016, 02:45 AM
dailo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Right Hand Drive Parking Brake Saga

I wanted to share my 1991 vert right hand drive parking brake issues, for anyone out there who in the future has this issue with their RHD C4.

As you can imagine, the handle was moved over during conversion to the right hand side. The handle had to be bent out toward the left looking at it from the top down.

During a recent annual check, the car failed because I could not get enough grip on the measuring scale. The handle was always kind of sloppy and would take full travel to barely even hold the car.

During the original conversion, the handle was not percfectly lined up with the cable because it was offset with some poorly built spacers.

Ordered a replacement second hand handle and cut and then went about bending it the reverse way.

My new handle is now flush with the right side wall, and now it grips better than it ever has. For any Aussies out there with similar parking brake issues, feel free to contact me.

Here are some photos. Looking forward to getting her back on the roads of Hong Kong!

The last two photos are of the old handle. You can see we had to use a zip tie to keep the end of the cable retainer in place.

Cheers
Attached Images     

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Right Hand Drive Parking Brake Saga