C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Wipers INOP

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 AM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wipers INOP

Wipers stopped working and the manual doesn't show a location for fuse/relay just one for the washer fluid in spot #25. The car was down for a year and they worked before storage however when I went to hook the battery back up I forgot the starter pos. lead was still off and created a short but everything else is working on the car so I don't know if this caused it or not. Any thoughts would be appreciated , thanks.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by C4vettrn
Wipers stopped working and the manual doesn't show a location for fuse/relay just one for the washer fluid in spot #25. The car was down for a year and they worked before storage however when I went to hook the battery back up I forgot the starter pos. lead was still off and created a short but everything else is working on the car so I don't know if this caused it or not. Any thoughts would be appreciated , thanks.
Wiper on all years i'd think is fused. What year? Most years I'd expect a 25AMP. I'm sure you've a FSM so a quick read of maybe 8A-91 (most years I think) and the 8E section should get you going.

Do you have the LTPWS on the car? Used or unused was it an option on yours?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:09 AM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Wiper on all years i'd think is fused. What year? Most years I'd expect a 25AMP. I'm sure you've a FSM so a quick read of maybe 8A-91 (most years I think) and the 8E section should get you going.

Do you have the LTPWS on the car? Used or unused was it an option on yours?
Good to hear from you it's been awhile. I will check my FSM tomorrow when I get home I had to get to work and just referenced the user manual. I know it didn't have LTPWS installed on my factory wheels but can't say if they were removed or not. Where would it show this option? Are they on the same circuit as wiper motor? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:26 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

UJ6 in the SPID for LTPWS - there's a jumper I believe if equipped.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-26-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 PM
bsstaats
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It may be the fuse, but from what I've heard (and my own experience) water can get into the wiper motor cover and cause all kinds of circuitry damage. What I would recommend is taking of the plastic cover for the wiper motor, I believe it is above and to the left of the brake booster. It is not that hard to take off and may save you some time and money. Good luck.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:31 PM
C4vettrn
Burning Brakes

I missed/forgot one of the ground wires on the trans bell housing when re-installing transmission.

Last edited by C4vettrn; 04-29-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Wipers INOP

Quick Reply: Wipers INOP