C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ABS modulator valve

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Frisco Pete
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS modulator valve

When I get in my C4 to go some where, and I first back out of the driveway; modulator valve motor kicks on for just second. It concerns me, why, well because I can't find enough information to tell me if there is a problem. I had a master cylinder leaking and replaced it, bled brakes at home, not my first time , but my helper was new to this and didn't understand, still the brakes worked fine. But now we had a brake pressure light on the dash glowing. Took car to mechanic he bled the brakes, car comes back light off. A couple days later light flickers a couple times, then stays on and now its been about a month, light is still on and now the little modulator pump motor makes its little kick on sound; one time a day and that's it, So what's up, is this normal, any body got a clue?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:23 AM
BOOT77
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Normal, I noticed the noise shortly after I got my car and started a thread LOL Think someone said it was a self-test or w/e. Idk bout the light tho....
Old 05-02-2016, 01:51 AM
Frisco Pete
7th Gear

I try to compare it to my 84 that I use to have ,but , I can't compare this be cause an 84 doesn't have ABS brakes, RIGHT>>>>
Old 05-02-2016, 01:52 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOT77
Normal, I noticed the noise shortly after I got my car and started a thread LOL Think someone said it was a self-test or w/e. Idk bout the light tho....

It is a self test feature that all ABS cars have at about 5mph, you can feel it through the brake pedal when backing the car out for instance.

The self test feature is there to bring up a warning light if something is not right.

Relax and enjoy the drive
Old 05-02-2016, 01:53 AM
gerardvg
Melting Slicks

Received 188 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Frisco Pete
I try to compare it to my 84 that I use to have ,but , I can't compare this be cause an 84 doesn't have ABS brakes, RIGHT>>>>
Yes only 86 up got ABS brakes
Old 05-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Frisco Pete
7th Gear

So dose any one think or would know if the brakes were bled right but could possibly still have air trapped; would that cause a brake pressure light to stay on. Didn't have this problem until after the installation of new master cylinder, then it was off for a couple days, then it came back on and has stayed on, brakes work fine as far as I can tell they stop, they don't pull to either side. or lock up. in other words no ill effects. ????

Get notified of new replies

To ABS modulator valve

Quick Reply: ABS modulator valve