C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

question about tires and driving sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 04:59 PM
mnelson43
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about tires and driving sometimes

I had an alignment done on the front and passenger sides a month ago I purchased what I thought were some pretty good tires now I have three going bald in different area the right front the inside is going bald, the right rear the whole tire is going bald and the left rear the tire is going bald wouldn't an alignment have corrected this or are the tire just too used and I need to buy some new ones and get those alignments again.

Also when i am driving sometimes at a certain speed 45 and up it seems like when i am slowing down i hear a knock and the car pulls a little bit to the right side on occassion.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:07 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

I would take it to have an alignment check and analyze the printout.
Old 07-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by mnelson43
I had an alignment done on the front and passenger sides a month ago I purchased what I thought were some pretty good tires now I have three going bald in different area the right front the inside is going bald, the right rear the whole tire is going bald and the left rear the tire is going bald wouldn't an alignment have corrected this or are the tire just too used and I need to buy some new ones and get those alignments again.

Also when i am driving sometimes at a certain speed 45 and up it seems like when i am slowing down i hear a knock and the car pulls a little bit to the right side on occassion.
Sounds like your right front camber is wrong and your rear toe-in is WAY off.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

did you take it back to him sounds bad!

Either he didnt do the job right, you may have worn suspension pieces or both. Was it a professional shop that did this cant imagine anyone letting the car out of the shop like that. They can tell when its off before its off the rack.

Get notified of new replies

To question about tires and driving sometimes

Quick Reply: question about tires and driving sometimes