C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

PKE Partially INOP

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:22 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 436 Likes on 397 Posts
Default PKE Partially INOP

Here's the deal, I had to do some work on the steering column (SIR Clocking Coil) reassembled now PKE is not working figured the PKE went into a Manual mode. Tried the mode change Procedure and that's when I noticed the PKE light on the DIC was not on.

So of course first check fuses. What we know, Fuses 26 PKE 5 amp,4 Radio Ign 5amp,40 Radio 5amp ,42 Power Lock 20Amp, all good.

Fob will Manually open hatch, Unlock the Right door only.
Looking at Page 8A-132-0 and -1 I have found all the Fuses all but one Power door lock 5 AMP it is supposed to be in the I/P fuse block, am I missing something is this one of those hidden Fuses?

All the the Manual power functions work, Can open hatch from door and console, lock and unlock doors from both sides
Old 07-23-2016, 03:50 PM
markKlein
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by s carter
Here's the deal, I had to do some work on the steering column (SIR Clocking Coil) reassembled now PKE is not working figured the PKE went into a Manual mode. Tried the mode change Procedure and that's when I noticed the PKE light on the DIC was not on.

So of course first check fuses. What we know, Fuses 26 PKE 5 amp,4 Radio Ign 5amp,40 Radio 5amp ,42 Power Lock 20Amp, all good.

Fob will Manually open hatch, Unlock the Right door only.
Looking at Page 8A-132-0 and -1 I have found all the Fuses all but one Power door lock 5 AMP it is supposed to be in the I/P fuse block, am I missing something is this one of those hidden Fuses?

All the the Manual power functions work, Can open hatch from door and console, lock and unlock doors from both sides
You didn't say what happened when you tried the mode change procedure, but that's all you need to do. Your fob is working and in "off" mode. The light not coming on for a second with the key confirms this, as does the hatch and pass door unlocking. Set it back to "on" by standing outside (keys out) next to the drivers door, and hold down the door button for a few seconds (maybe as much as 10 or 20) until you hear a clack clack sound.

Unlocking hatch and pass. door only is correct functioning, and all it does "manually".

Last edited by markKlein; 07-23-2016 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
s carter (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 04:09 PM
s carter
Melting Slicks

Received 436 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by markKlein
You didn't say what happened when you tried the mode change procedure, but that's all you need to do. Your fob is working and in "off" mode. The light not coming on for a second with the key confirms this, as does the hatch and pass door unlocking. Set it back to "on" by standing outside (keys out) next to the drivers door, and hold down the door button for a few seconds (maybe as much as 10 or 20) until you hear a clack clack sound.

Unlocking hatch and pass. door only is correct functioning, and all it does "manually".
Thank You very much, how it got than way I don't know but you nailed it.

What the PKE light did was nothing No light at all so the FSM tells you to check fuses and follow charts

Last edited by s carter; 07-23-2016 at 04:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To PKE Partially INOP

Quick Reply: PKE Partially INOP