C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Distributor Optical Disc

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 04:50 AM
Juergen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Distributor Optical Disc

Hello!

Im using a Haltech ECM on my 1992 LT1 supercharged engine. I´ve to Change for exhaust laws from Batch fire to Sequential Injection.

I hope i will explain all correct ;-)

Haltech and also Motec means, that is not possible with the stock optical disc in the (MSD)Distributor. There is a High Resolution 360-Step Signal and a Low Resolution for Cylinder 1 and some wider Windows. They means, the Distributor most deliver the 360er Signal and only the cylinder 1 Signal without the wide Windows (so only the line should be on the disc without the wide Windows).

Do you have experience where i get such an optical disc?

Or do you changed to a 24-1 System?

Best regards Juergen
Old 07-24-2016, 08:35 AM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

facts:
92-93 are batch fire with speed density
94-96 are sequential fire with maf sensor

92-96 all used optispark. the optical disk should be the same.

for example, i have converted my 93 over to a 95-96 gen 2 optispark. i am still batch fire and speed density.

this is my opinion:
24x conversions are a waste of money and time
either find an oem- quality optispark or install the weight lsx motor. (and use its computer).

Last edited by dizwiz24; 07-24-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Juergen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
facts:
92-93 are batch fire with speed density
94-96 are sequential fire with maf sensor

92-96 all used optispark. the optical disk should be the same.

for example, i have converted my 93 over to a 95-96 gen 2 optispark. i am still batch fire and speed density.

this is my opinion:
24x conversions are a waste of money and time
either find an oem- quality optispark or install the weight lsx motor. (and use its computer).

Hello,
i read, that if you Change to 94-96 Distributor it´s also necessary to Change the Timing chase cover, isnt´t it?
Or do you think it is posible to put in the electonic components from the 95-96 in the 92-94 cover (MSD Distributor).

BR Juergen

Last edited by Juergen; 07-24-2016 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:20 PM
SJW
Le Mans Master

Received 1,389 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by Juergen
Hello,
i read, that if you Change to 94-96 Distributor it´s also necessary to Change the Timing chase cover, isnt´t it?
Or do you think it is posible to put in the electonic components from the 95-96 in the 92-94 cover (MSD Distributor).

BR Juergen
Changing to the second-generation Opti will require changing the timing cover, and the camshaft. Unless you're planning to remove the camshaft for some other reason, it's probably not worth the trouble.

It would seem as though the sensible solution to your problem would be to program the computer to monitor the pulse width of the low-resolution sensor outputs, and to ignore any that it doesn't need to use. The optical disk on all of the Opti units will have more than one low-resolution window. You would need to fabricate a replacement from scratch if you want a disk that has only one low-res window.

Live well,

SJW

Get notified of new replies

To Distributor Optical Disc

Quick Reply: Distributor Optical Disc