C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Changed doors

Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Gregarious
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed doors

I have a 84 corvette that I installed 87 doors on. Everything plugged in so I thought it would work. I was wrong. My door locks and hatch button doesn't work. But if I turn the key in the door in opens the rear hatch. I need help
Old 07-26-2016, 08:24 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregarious
I have a 84 corvette that I installed 87 doors on. Everything plugged in so I thought it would work. I was wrong. My door locks and hatch button doesn't work. But if I turn the key in the door in opens the rear hatch. I need help
I'd like to think you've "sorted" this BUT the '87 later harness/switch on the door lock cylinder connector may be very similar to the hatch switch. You've connected likely just the wrong wires to the door lock cylinder harness, disconnect that from the harness in door and connect door harness to the hatch release.

Door locks? Did you maybe end up with a door from a car that DID'T have PWR LOCKS? That would seem odd but if you were just choosing connectors and components in the '87 door it could maybe explain.

***Direct fit doors might be '84 & '85 when you consider the "inner operations" to similar harness.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-26-2016 at 12:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changed doors