C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1991 Radio acting weird

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Doulop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Radio acting weird

Hello, When I got my car out this past Spring, I turned the radio on and nothing came on. The antenna didn't go up or anything. If I push the volume ****, the time displays and then goes off like normal. I got in to drive her the next time and the radio turned on, antenna went up like normal and worked perfectly. When I got back in the car to come home, it started back up and radio worked fine as usual. The next time I got in, I turned the radio on, it came on for 2 seconds, antenna went up 2 inches and back down. Nothing works at all now, except for the time displaying when I push the volume ****. Does anyone have any clue what this could be? I just had the head unit repaired by a professional electronic repair company 3 years ago. The CDM was sent with it when I had it repaired. Any help would be awesome guys! Thanks!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Sid.123
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got nothing specific but sounds like a bad connection on the rear of the unit
Old 08-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Doulop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad and I took the radio out last night and unplugged and plugged back in the rear wires and nothing changed. I don't know how to go about diagnosing bad wire problems on the radio

Get notified of new replies

To 1991 Radio acting weird

Quick Reply: 1991 Radio acting weird