C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 real time tuning- what hardware do I need?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:16 AM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Default 92 real time tuning- what hardware do I need?

Hi guys. I have a 92 with the 278 ecm. I have the Moates adapter that goes onto the ecm board, chips and a burn 1. I also have the Moates cable for the serial port to run tts data master. I currently run an innovate wide band o2 setup. I'm burning the chips using tuner pro.

What hardware will I need from Moates to do real time emulation and adjustments (and see the results) on the fly so that I can more easily create a file to burn?

My car is going to be set at 65 psi of fuel pressure versus the old 43, so obviously I'll have to trim fuel at cruise and wide open throttle. I'm basically looking for the easiest way to make that happen. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by qwiketz; 08-25-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:31 AM
SELLC
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by qwiketz
Hi guys. I have a 92 with the 278 ecm. I have the Moates adapter that goes onto the ecm board, chips and a burn 1. I also have the Moates cable for the serial port to run tts data master. I currently run an innovate wide band o2 setup. I'm burning the chips using tuner pro.

What hardware will I need from Moates to do real time emulation and adjustments (and see the results) on the fly so that I can more easily create a file to burn?

My car is going to be set at 65 psi of fuel pressure versus the old 43, so obviously I'll have to trim fuel at cruise and wide open throttle. I'm basically looking for the easiest way to make that happen. Thanks in advance!
Hypertech made a handheld programmer part #340752 for the LT engines.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:12 AM
THE 383 admiral
Melting Slicks

Received 199 Likes on 183 Posts

http://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the...eed-p-169.html
Old 08-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Trmccarty
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I use a Moates APU1 AutoProm. I have not used the live feature, but I know it can do it.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:04 PM
qwiketz
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Are either of you guys using any type of real time tuning or are you data logging, reviewing and then burning?

i have a message over to Greg on this stuff. I watched a few videos online but still need to learn a lot.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 AM
THE 383 admiral
Melting Slicks

Received 199 Likes on 183 Posts

I datalog. I have a 94 - 95 PCM = flash. This EE/EEb system erases. then direct programming.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Trmccarty
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I data log, make adjustments, burn new chip, and drive again.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

Well an Eddy Current dyno would help. Those type of dynos can hold the car at a steady RPM so you can maximize each block if you want to. Common just to do every 500 RPM though and interpolate the values - saves a lot of dyno time. Thats up to 'bout 4,000 RPM where most of us dont want to hold the motor at that high RPM. So WOT engine "pulls" are then done up to max RPM and values reviewed for power of the entire curve. You do pulls as much as you feel comfortable with or can afford.

The more popular "inertia" dynos can't hold a constant rpm and therefore do pulls only. W/o a eddy dyno you are pretty much doing pulls.

Now if you changed your fuel pressure you are going to have enter that or the car may not even run. And if you changed the injectors make sure you update/change all parameters like dead time and pulse width or you have problems. 43psi to 65psi is over a 50% change which increases flow by the square root function.

Well thats enough for know. Lets us know how it goes and if you have any questions.

Get notified of new replies

To 92 real time tuning- what hardware do I need?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 real time tuning- what hardware do I need?