C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Change a few ECM constats in ECU

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 06:58 PM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Change a few ECM constats in ECU

What is the bare minimum I can get by with to change a few things in a '91.
Disable VAT EGR error VATS error and change fan on/off temps.

If there is someone in SE CT that can do it and experienced even more helpful. Chips and chip carriers are readily available so no big deal there. This is something I plan on doing over the winter provided I keep the car.

Last edited by ddahlgren; 08-28-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:43 PM
cardo0
Le Mans Master

Received 373 Likes on 356 Posts

That generation ECM gonna take a processor chip with those changes made to your current tune. Dont know if you can send out your chip alone or the whole ECM and have those changes made.

Now there is equipment to do tuning in real time. Moates has something called a Ostrich which is a ribbon cable connected to your ECM. So you would need that cable and the emulator plus a laptop and a USB to ALDL connector. After that you still need the software and there is a tiny bit of "free" s/w out there (TunerPro ?) but maynot be as good as what you can buy.

Myself I would call TPIS as they do alot of tuning I believe they still have mail order chips/tunes. Not the cheapest company but in this case you will get what you pay for. Im sure they will steer you in right direction even if they dont have what you want. Yes they are way over in Minnesota - sorry.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:21 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by cardo0
That generation ECM gonna take a processor chip with those changes made to your current tune. Dont know if you can send out your chip alone or the whole ECM and have those changes made.
Don't EVER send out your original EPROM. They are like gold and impossible to replace.

The programming folks have plenty of blank ones and will program one and send it to you. The stock programming code is available so they don't need your chip to compare to theirs.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:15 AM
BlowerWorks
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
Don't EVER send out your original EPROM. They are like gold and impossible to replace.

The programming folks have plenty of blank ones and will program one and send it to you. The stock programming code is available so they don't need your chip to compare to theirs.
I sell the Moates G1 adaptor so that takes care of you not having to send out your Blue GM MemCal pack. I will make you a one time tune for $100 and burn the chip and install it on the G1 so you just plug it in.

Generally I recommend the Moates Ostrich if we are to make multiple edits.

Email me if interested.
greg
Attached Images    
Old 01-17-2023, 03:38 PM
weightlossstar
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In 2023 getting a MAF unit that works for a 1986 Corvette is getting impossible / My question is can I get a chip that will eliminate the MAF BURN OFF! (No this is a old tread)

Get notified of new replies

To Change a few ECM constats in ECU

Quick Reply: Change a few ECM constats in ECU