C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

I guess it could be the rear rotors ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 08:01 AM
2airtime2
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default I guess it could be the rear rotors ???

I got my '92 the other day and it has been well maintained but does have a few issues. I felt the brakes pulsing (like a warped rotor) when braking and also heard the rear right indicator squealing.

I pulled the rear brakes and sure enough the indicator was barely hitting the disc. Rear pads replaced without checking the rotors.

On to the front. Pads were only 1/2 gone. I set up a dial indicator and the front right was 6 thousanths off. I had the front rotors turned and installed new pads. Test drive and it's better but I still feel a pulsing.

Could it be the rear rotors? I've never had to turn or replace rear ones before. Is it common or likely they are warped too?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:18 AM
antfarmer2
Race Director

Received 578 Likes on 555 Posts

Could be you have the knowledge and tools to see.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:36 AM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by 2airtime2
I got my '92 the other day and it has been well maintained but does have a few issues. I felt the brakes pulsing (like a warped rotor) when braking and also heard the rear right indicator squealing.

I pulled the rear brakes and sure enough the indicator was barely hitting the disc. Rear pads replaced without checking the rotors.

On to the front. Pads were only 1/2 gone. I set up a dial indicator and the front right was 6 thousanths off. I had the front rotors turned and installed new pads. Test drive and it's better but I still feel a pulsing.

Could it be the rear rotors? I've never had to turn or replace rear ones before. Is it common or likely they are warped too?
Back rotors perform the same function as front rotors. If you turned the fronts and replaced the pads but still feel pulsating, I think the answer to your question is moot. The pulsating is not coming from the radiator. You said you had a dial indicator right?
Old 11-09-2016, 11:59 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

mine was the rotors.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Pulsing is typically rotors. Get new ones or cut them smooth, I bet you will be okay.

Get notified of new replies

To I guess it could be the rear rotors ???

Quick Reply: I guess it could be the rear rotors ???