C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

hi low switched

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 11:22 AM
bob arrowsmith
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default hi low switched

Hello,,i have a 96 , with corvette mods hids installed they have worked fine until a few days ago when all of a sudden i notice hi beam and low beam were on and when ever i switch to low or hi they are now switched one side hi and one side low, any ideas,,, c. v. mods are clueless. thanks
Old 12-10-2016, 03:08 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

The way the HIDs work is that there is only one source of light. There is a shutter that moves inside the bulb. When it is partially blocking the light you have low beams. When the shutter moves out of the way you have high beams.

One of the modules in the kit controls the movement of the shutter. You might be able to get it back in sync by unplugging one headlight and then changing high/low beam and then plugging it back in. I don't know that this will work. It's just a suggestion.
The following users liked this post:
don hall (12-10-2016)
Old 12-12-2016, 10:57 PM
bob arrowsmith
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
The way the HIDs work is that there is only one source of light. There is a shutter that moves inside the bulb. When it is partially blocking the light you have low beams. When the shutter moves out of the way you have high beams.

One of the modules in the kit controls the movement of the shutter. You might be able to get it back in sync by unplugging one headlight and then changing high/low beam and then plugging it back in. I don't know that this will work. It's just a suggestion.
thanks for the reply , i will try that and let you know,,,,

Get notified of new replies

To hi low switched

Quick Reply: hi low switched