C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Does anyone have a Stainless Works Catback??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 09:06 PM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 9T3VETTE
Do you have a resonator? If I went that route I'd be going long tubes -> an x pipe -> exiting through stock mufflers.
Do exactly that. It will sound amazing and no drone!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:18 AM
blue94
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This is mine minus the mufflers, car was originally an auto so I put cats behind the xpipe. With stock mufflers it is no drone and sounds great.
Attached Images  

Last edited by blue94; 01-09-2017 at 09:21 AM.
The following users liked this post:
9T3VETTE (01-09-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:41 AM
9T3VETTE
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by blue94
No resonator on mine, Long Tubes, Randon cats, x pipe and LT1 stock mufflers. Used 3 inch pipes up to rear wheels then stock pipes attached to mufflers.
Sweet, thanks for posting the pic too. Sent you a PM with some additional questions

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
Do exactly that. It will sound amazing and no drone!
I hope! Thinking of constructing it in a way to easily swap the stock mufflers to mangnaflows or eliminators for the times I want it a bit louder....Give it the best of both world with a quick muffler change.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:33 PM
toricred
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hemivett
Yes, you can fill the whole void from the top. I start by sticking the nozzle as deep as I can, and get as much right to left coverage as you can. Then I let it sit for a minute to expand. (This way it will hold what you pile on top) Then working side to side I fill the void. I used the whole can per car. After that I let it sit. Neither car expanded enough to come out the top, and I think the only reason I had some come out the bottom of my first one, is because I drove it too soon, and the vibration caused it to sag. I recommend letting it do it's thing, and dry, as I did in my vert.

I even went as far as putting 1/2in jute on the inside of my doors on my coupe, and the vert is just as quiet, and probably a good 100 lbs lighter. (All the vert has is foam. I was so impressed with the results on the coupe, it was the first thing I did to the vert) Like I said before. If you have the guts to do it, you'll be shocked by the results. h

Ps. Don't try to wipe, or remove any overage till after it is completely dry. It's some sticky stuff when it's wet, and comes off easy when dry. Let me know what you think if you do it. Peace.
Boy am I glad I found this post. I've been trying to justify the cost of a Corsa exhaust to my wife and I haven't been able to get there. I want to give this a chance, but I have a few questions:

1. When you say the rubber boot you're not talking about the plastic under the filler lid, right?
2. My tool set is pretty limited so I'm going to have to buy the torx drivers to remove the lid and rubber. Do you happen to remember what size(s) it takes?
3. Assuming this works well, and I'm sure it will, how can I ever repay you for saving the hearing I have left ?

Last edited by toricred; 01-14-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:41 PM
hemivett
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by toricred
Boy am I glad I found this post. I've been trying to justify the cost of a Corsa exhaust to my wife and I haven't been able to get there. I want to give this a chance, but I have a few questions:

1. When you say the rubber boot you're not talking about the plastic under the filler lid, right?
2. My tool set is pretty limited so I'm going to have to buy the torx drivers to remove the lid and rubber. Do you happen to remember what size(s) it takes?
3. Assuming this works well, and I'm sure it will, how can I ever repay you for saving the hearing I have left ?
Yes, the boot. It looks plastic, but I think its rubber. Be care full with it, they tear pretty easy. In fact you may be able to do it without removing the boot, which may be less harmful.

Not sure what torx you need. Maybe a t15, but just get an assortment.

Like I said, I went to the extreme on my first car, dynomatted, and 1/2 in pad everywhere, and My vert is just as quiet with just the foam. Good luck! h

Ps here is a link to my photo bucket http://s1310.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true
Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Gibbles
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 151 Posts

You can pick up a torx socket set from harborfreight pretty cheap, a set for a 1/4 in socket wrench is nice and compact for tight spaces.
and it will fit a socket ended screw driver.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I did do the 3" xpiped ZR-1 system on my 91. It was loud, but I blocked off the second tip outlet on the mufflers for the wave reflection noise cancelling trick. It worked, but still droned a little in 6th gear...at the time i had headers and the whole 9 yards.

The question I would ask about the SW LT1/4 pipe set is how it does with the SINGLE outlet muffler that they provide for that kit. In general, their muffler design is less restrictive and probably a little loud, but a single outlet would surely drone less.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:49 AM
hemivett
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hemivett
Yes, the boot. It looks plastic, but I think its rubber. Be care full with it, they tear pretty easy. In fact you may be able to do it without removing the boot, which may be less harmful.

Not sure what torx you need. Maybe a t15, but just get an assortment.

Like I said, I went to the extreme on my first car, dynomatted, and 1/2 in pad everywhere, and My vert is just as quiet with just the foam. Good luck! h

Ps here is a link to my photo bucket http://s1310.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true
Sorry try this one http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/hemivett/library/

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a Stainless Works Catback??