C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

85 corvette sport seats.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:27 AM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 corvette sport seats.

!985 corvette with sport seats. Decided to remove seat and check out the air pump operation which wasnt working. Found a corroded connection cleaned it and the pump works. Checked the diaphram in the pump and it is intact and pumps air. I checked my service manual and cant find info on it. MY Question:

The hoses from the pump and switch were mostly broken and disconnected to the point i dont know where the air hoses go. I know there is a pump function and a bleed function. I repaired the broken connections using 1/8 in drip irrigation barbed connecters, epoxed them in and will replace the tubing, but because they were disconnected I dont know what hose connects where. There are three hoses from the pump, six hoses coming from the switch, and three leading up into the back seat. Hoping not to have to take the whole seat apart to see where they go internally. I realize that if the bladder in seat doesnt hold i will have to but wanted to try first.

Are there any diagrams showing how the hoses route available.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:58 PM
FrostyMountain
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figured it out once i laid out all the parts. Air pump (3) lines to one side of the switch, three lines from the other side of the switch to the three lines leading to the backrest where the bladder is located. This allows air to pass thru the switch to the bladder without leaking. When you want to bleed a section down press the individual plungers and that line leaks out. Ill test the bladder and if it holds great, if the bladders leak I know everything else works i might replace it.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
HAD2HAV2
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 235 Posts

FrostyMountian, your fortunate to still have the Lumbar functioning after all these years. My 88 bladders were cracked and all the lines at those hose junctions were hard and broken. I didn't install the lumbar function on my new Sport seats on my 88.

Get notified of new replies

To 85 corvette sport seats.

Quick Reply: 85 corvette sport seats.