C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Rebuilding '94-'96 LTPWS Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 11:01 AM
BlackbirdLT4
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding '94-'96 LTPWS Sensors?

Hi All. I've got a '96 LT4 Convertible that during a routine service last summer we noticed had picked up a nail in the front right tire. New tire, clean spot, plug and patch, no problem.

Except the tech used a newer tire changing rig that doesn't touch the edge of the rim, but didn't have the clearance for the LTPWS sensor and they whacked it pretty good. Of course, I had a light on immediately. The shop said they'd make good on it and find a replacement (I don't think they knew what they were getting into).

A $400 ebay replacement later, the light will turn off as it formerly did, however it won't make it more than 5 miles and the light will illuminate again. The replacement sensor sort of works. Sort of.

Does anybody have enough experience with these things to know if this is a troubleshooting issue (maybe the sensor was mounted improperly, or there is a simple trick to getting it to work) OR if there is anybody out there that will rebuild the sensor?

The supplier of the replacement knows it's faulty and has been on the look out for another replacement, but at this point I've been dealing with this for 9 months and sort of want to wrap it up.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Rebuilding '94-'96 LTPWS Sensors?