C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 Base Coupe Carpet Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 01:37 PM
TheWhiteHat
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1994 Base Coupe Carpet Install questions

Hi,
So I decided to put new carpet in and I found a guy who would help/do it who had worked at an uphostery shop. He took the old carpet out and put soundproofing in and then disappeared. So I am putting the carpet in myself. But all of the places it is screwed in are covered by sound proofing. So I am going to uncover them. Is there anyone out there who could post some pictures of where they are screwed in. I know the sides of the doors well pieces and under the molding in the rear and on the sides of the console. But unsure of the pieces that end at the front firewall, the rear compartment piece and the pieces that are by the rear of the doors that hold the pieces that cover the rear fender wells.

If someone could take pictures and post them of where those are I would be forever grateful! Hate to start cutting sound deadening out guessing....
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:44 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Did you save the old carpets to use as a pattern?

If not, you will need to remove the sound deadner
Old 02-20-2017, 06:53 PM
TheWhiteHat
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
Did you save the old carpets to use as a pattern?

If not, you will need to remove the sound deadner
Thanks for the response. Yes I have the old carpets and I am using those as a pattern as well. But they were ripped and had holes in them when I bought the car. in fact the car was a mess. The last owner could not afford to repair the car properly evidently so everything is jury rigged or worse. I swear that half the screws in the car are not automotive screws.

So I am still hoping for some pictures so when I go to cutting out parts of the Sound deadener I can get as close as possible. I hate to cut out brand new deadener someplace I did not need to!

The old girl has been through hell but I almost have her back to her old glory! I swear when I go out in the garage I hear her purrr! I think she loves me! LOL

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 Base Coupe Carpet Install questions

Quick Reply: 1994 Base Coupe Carpet Install questions