C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Borla catback from a L98 car fit on a LT1 vette?

Old 03-21-2017, 05:16 PM
kkesler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla catback from a L98 car fit on a LT1 vette?

Found a decent deal on a Borla cat back system but it's on a 86. How different would it be from what is supposed to go on my 94?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Silver85
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by kkesler
Found a decent deal on a Borla cat back system but it's on a 86. How different would it be from what is supposed to go on my 94?
Not sure but if you pass on it let me know.....I am cruising the market for a deal to match up with the headers I just bought for my 85
Old 03-22-2017, 07:55 AM
QCVette
Le Mans Master

Received 623 Likes on 485 Posts

They are quite different.

The LT1/4 cars have cats at the manifolds and basically 2 pipes back to the mufflers (with a resonator in the middle too).

The L98 cars have a single cat that is near the center of the car. The catback is basically a rear y pipe out to the two mufflers.

The mufflers may be similar, but I am not sure if the pipe bends are the same point to match up at the same point or not.

The stock LT1/1 exhaust is 2.75" (and necks down to 2.5" as it meets mufflers and resonators) The L98 is smaller pipe. (I don't remember the size.)

The current L98 Borla has a very good sounding muffler with nice appearing tips. An old L98 Borla I had on my '85 was also good sounding and it had the "intercooled" tips which were ok. The LT1/4 Borla sounds the worst to me and I hate the tips. They look like someone wrapped a rectangular can around 2 round exhaust pipes. They look tacky and cheap to me. (I have them on my '96)

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
kkesler (03-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Borla catback from a L98 car fit on a LT1 vette?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borla catback from a L98 car fit on a LT1 vette?