C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

89 C4 Power Seats And Mirror Go One Way But Not Back

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 07:59 PM
joeC4_89
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 C4 Power Seats And Mirror Go One Way But Not Back

I just got a used 89 C4.The first problems I have found with this car are the (I think)"up" position on drivers seat ,went up but wouldn't go back down.And the passenger side mirror went up but not down.They will go all other ways.I also noticed that the electronic dash light dimmed when power seat switch was pushed in direction that would not work.
My door windows are also scratched from going down in door.I'm not sure if there was something in (seal?)when glass was rolled down or if it's something inside the door?
Any solutions to these problems?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 PM
1800Wing
Flatulent Dwarf
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by joeC4_89
I just got a used 89 C4.The first problems I have found with this car are the (I think)"up" position on drivers seat ,went up but wouldn't go back down.And the passenger side mirror went up but not down.They will go all other ways.I also noticed that the electronic dash light dimmed when power seat switch was pushed in direction that would not work.
My door windows are also scratched from going down in door.I'm not sure if there was something in (seal?)when glass was rolled down or if it's something inside the door?
Any solutions to these problems?
Can't comment on the seats malfunction but the mirror's I've had to piddle with have usually just been stuck from not being adjusted very often. From time to time I've been able to manipulate them by hand through their rotational axis and get them working again....and I've also broken the the little plastic pivot that the cable attaches to, so be gentle to start with.

If your lights are dimming when you try to move the seats then you know the circuit is intact...****** the bottom seat cushion out and see if the screw threads need some lube or if the slides are gummed up. Thats where I'd start anyway.

Here's a couple of links that might get you started on your window fix

later, tiny

Last edited by 1800Wing; 03-28-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:53 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

https://youtu.be/9EFOGcZBkMQ

Get notified of new replies

To 89 C4 Power Seats And Mirror Go One Way But Not Back

Quick Reply: 89 C4 Power Seats And Mirror Go One Way But Not Back