C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

MAF sensor question??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Gr94C4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF sensor question??????

Was told by a friend that since my MAF sensor was soo dirty that I could just spray some throttle body cleaner on it and this would not hurt it, is this true or not????? Recently had my car apart, shop said one of my exhaust manifolds was leaking, plus my water pump seal on the timing cover was bad. Had the whole front of the engine torn apart, this is not the first time of course since I recently replaced this same gasket without knowing before this that a special tool is required. Anyway, car is back together. Started right up on the first try. Sounds like a miss in it or something though, sounds to me like an exhaust leak but i put new gaskets in and double checked the torque on the manifold bolts. Of course it ran great after the last time it was apart, though this time I did take my friends advice on the MAF cleaning, now it starts right up but runs like crap. Sounds kinda like my bass hitting real low (very low sound kinda here and there) It still gets up and goes but has a roughness to it that wasn't there before. PLEASE HELP. not sure what to do :chevy :seeya
Old 11-06-2002, 01:19 AM
65Z01
Team Owner

Received 300 Likes on 274 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: MAF sensor question?????? (Gr94C4)

An easy way to check for an electrical problem is to clip a timing light in turn onto each plug wire and see if the light flicker coincides with the miss.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:41 AM
Dan Parker '96
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: MAF sensor question?????? (Gr94C4)

I believe the MAF wire is made of platinum. If you've got buildup that you want to clean up, I'd suggest using something that doesn't react with platinum. You may have to Google-search that :).

Get notified of new replies

To MAF sensor question??????

Quick Reply: MAF sensor question??????