C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 01:42 AM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley?

As the obove say. I just want to know is Vortech's pulley are interchangeable with ATI's blower? Because I want to buy Vortech 2.75 diameter pulley to attach to my D1 blower. Is there any clearance might be a problem? I am going to convert the ATI serpentine drive system to a 8 rib setup. The blower will have it own 8 ribs belt. I want to push my D1 to its max boost.

Bruce
93LT1 Conv w/ZF6
Blown D1-SC/N2O
ARE built 383ci/Stage II heads

[Modified by Bruce, 11:43 PM 11/8/2002]

[Modified by Bruce, 11:44 PM 11/8/2002]
Old 01-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Brand-X
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley? (Bruce)

Hey Bruce,
I just converted to an 8-rib setup on my '95 vette. 7.6" crank and 3.4" blower pullies...hopefully no slip and lots of boost (looking for 12-14 psi). The bracket and tensioner are a creation from my garage...not too pretty but functional. I haven't fired it due to some clearance problems w/the new pullie (power steering line) but I'm curious as to how much boost it will make. If you don't mind, I'd like to know how much boost you were making w/your 6-rib setup and what size pullies you were running? I finally had to go with the 7/3.6 combination with my old setup to cure my belt slip problems (making about 7-9 psi...gauge needs calibration).
Old 01-22-2003, 12:36 AM
blue72lt4sc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley? (Brand-X)

i talked with ati today and if you want to go past 16lbs of boost then you will need to go the 12 rib route and they dont sell a kit for the lt1 so i went with the seperate 12 rib pulley from the carb/universal kit :chevy i am pushing 20lbs boost......800hp flywheel
Old 01-22-2003, 01:16 PM
Ronnie_W
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Brand-X, what size belt are you running with that set up? I am looking at my options. I've got the 8 rib 7.6 drive pulley/2.75 SC pully and am trying to figure out what belts are available to go with a bigger SC pulley. I got this setup with a 53 inch belt from auto specialties. Seems like I remember them telling me that was the only setup that they could come up with that there was a belt available. I have just started figuring and checking things out because I found out with this setup that I would max the impeller speed out at around 5800 rpms and that's not going to get it. I have a 93 Vette with a stroker motor and an R-trim. I will need a 3.12 pulley to run up to 7000 rpms and I'm not sure if I can find a belt for that.

thanks
Old 01-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Brand-X
Pro

Default Re: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley? (Ronnie_W)

Ronnie_W

I run an ATI D1SC and a custom bracket and tensioner w/the ASP Vortech 8-rib conversion crank pullie. For my setup, I use the Gates K080550 8-rib 55 inch belt. However, the folks at Part America told me they could get (special order) any PolyCog belt in 1 inch increments starting at the 53-54-55 inch range (I can't remember the exact minimal lenght they told me). I can buy the 55 inch belts at Napa, Carquest and Parts America (Carquest had it in stock and Napa had to order it)...I hope that helps.

[Modified by Brand-X, 5:10 AM 1/23/2003]
Old 01-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Brand-X
Pro

Default Re: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley? (blue72lt4sc)

Blue72...
I'd love to get a 12 rib setup. If you have photos of your setup, I'd like to see it. I was thinking I could possibly shim the accessories bracket (alt, a/c, ps, etc.) crank pullie, and tensioner away from the block about .300" and I could possibly squeaze two more ribs on my crank pullie...(10 ribs total). However, I want to give the 8-rib setup a try before running head first into that problematic wall.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Bruce
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Chris
I am glad you finally got the 8 ribs conversion done. I really think you will be happy with it. I am running 6ribs with 4.08 pulley, I put 1200miles on it and still running the old head/cam eprom. I baby the motor because it was not tuned. Therefore I can't tell you how much boost I am seeing. I will be going to see Shalin in the Spring for tuning, I have talked to Shalin and he agreed to help me with the tunning.

Chris, I sent you email

Bruce
93LT1 Conv w/ZF6
Blown D1-SC/N2O
ARE built 383ci/Stage II heads

Old 01-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Brand-X
Pro

Default Re: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley? (Bruce)

Hey Bruce,
You've got mail...
CT

Get notified of new replies

To ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley?

Quick Reply: ATI Pulley interchangeable with Vortech Pulley?