C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced?

Old 12-27-2002, 02:36 AM
TIMSPEED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced?

I thought, if you're involved in a front end collision, that BY law the front impact absorber (that honeycomb thing) HAD to be replaced...because when the body shop (original one) fixed my vette, they DIDN'T replace it. When my insurance adjuster came to look at how the car looks now, she said that if they DIDN'T replace that piece, they'd be in BIG trouble. (I agreed, that I thought that it was illegal to NOT replace it.) Anyone actually know the law about that? Thanks! :cheers:
Old 12-27-2002, 02:52 AM
bill mcdonald
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Re: Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced? (TIMSPEED)

I dont know, But it makes me wonder if those Callaway Aerobodies have this stuff in them?
Old 12-27-2002, 04:11 PM
2012 coupe
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced? (TIMSPEED)

Chevey no longer makes or stocks the "honeycomb" type filler. You have to upgrade to the foam type. That is what I found out when a SUV hit the rear of my 1992 last year.
:flag

Get notified of new replies

To Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Bumper "Honeycomb" impact absorber Question: MUST it be replaced?