C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Fast_vette89
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder

ok, i've figured out that the LT1/LT4/LS1 all run on the same heat range of 5 on the NGK's. while the L98 run 1 range hotter to a 4. Not good. I need to go 1 colder than on a LT1...which means 2 colder on my hot plugs. anyone have the NGK number for the standard no plat plug 2 colder on a L98???
Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 PM
lspalding
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder (Fast_vette89)

I believe that would be the TR6.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:39 AM
Fast_vette89
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder (lspalding)

yes, but the TR means tapper seal and all.... I actually went to napa and read about every page in the book, and did a NGK.com characteristics search and came up with 5 V grooves that are pretty much the same plug. I then just bought the ones napa had in stock. and re gapped them to .045". napa stock number 5632 or part number BCPR6E-11 One of the best mods I've done to my L98!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! throttle response, detonation counts are down on the scanner.......it's great!!! the factory should of put heat range 5 in, but I guess they went hotter to burn off all that crap and pass the 80's emissions....freakin emissions.... anyone with a TPI with some aftermarket ignition work do the above numbers. if you're mainly stock to the FR5's. make life easy.

Get notified of new replies

To Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder

Quick Reply: Spark plug heat range NGK's 2 colder