C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Did the front crank seal, front cover seal, and oil pan gasket -- now I have an even worse leak!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 11:26 AM
YLO Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 66 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Did the front crank seal, front cover seal, and oil pan gasket -- now I have an even worse leak!!

I replaced all the front cover seals (water pump, Opti, and crank), the front cover gasket, and the oil pan gasket in order to cure a small leak from the crank seal. I immediatley had a large leak at the corner where the pan hits the front cover. So I redid the oil pan again, this time with much more RTV. No change -- still have a large leak where the pan meets the front cover (I think). I plan on redoing the entire thing again with new gaskets ( :rolleyes: :smash: ), but I am wondering what could have caused the leak to not only not stop, but get much worse?! :skep:
Old 05-20-2003, 11:35 AM
0ski_dwn_it
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I have an even worse leak!! (94vette)

Get that UV dye for your oil, I had a little leak I posted on last week, found a bolt wasn't installed after the buildup in a hole that wasn't used. Oil was spritzing out and not touching anything till it went down the blaock about 3 inches.

:cheers:

Here is where mine was leaking. Make sure those bolts are tight and still there.

[Modified by ski_dwn_it, 11:46 AM 5/20/2003]

Quick Reply: Did the front crank seal, front cover seal, and oil pan gasket -- now I have an even worse leak!!