C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

People who've used Redtek chime in!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 12:12 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default People who've used Redtek chime in!!!

This whole R12-R134a is such a dead horse, but I can only find one person who is using this. Anyone else?
http://www.redtek.ca/home.html

Does it work? How any cans do I need of R12 replacement (part 301 I believe) How man cans of sealer do I need?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:04 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Default Re: People who've used Redtek chime in!!! (vvv90)

ttt ... anyone?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:07 PM
vettek50
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am using redtek -12a..it works great and keeps everything cool:

procedure:
1: have your system drained by pro..not supposed to release into enviroment
2: install one can of sealer REDTEK PRO SEAL the hose comes with the can ..may need the r-12 adapter
3: install two cans of redtek 12a..on the low side of condenser. do not use the same filler hose as u did for proseal..it will be plugged
4: feel the cold air in side compartment ..should be about 36-38degrees f.

if you have large leaks or problems with high /low pressure swtiches/compressor problems... repair them first.

it is not neccesary to change compressor parts or hose or condensor or cooling coils... REDTEK 12a.. is a direct replaced for either R-12 and R 134a.

the spec on this are @ http://www.redtek.ca/home.html#
Old 07-14-2003, 03:45 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Default Re: People who've used Redtek chime in!!! (vettek50)

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1: have your system drained by pro..not supposed to release into enviroment
I had this done already.

2: install one can of sealer REDTEK PRO SEAL the hose comes with the can ..may need the r-12 adapter
There's 2 different kinds of sealer, pro-seal and leak stop. From what I understand leak stop is for o rings and pro-seal is if there's leaks in metal tubes and such. I don't think I have any leaks anywhere except for maybe the seals. Can I just do both sealants to be safe?

3: install two cans of redtek 12a..on the low side of condenser. do not use the same filler hose as u did for proseal..it will be plugged
Do I buy the adapter part number that their website calls for for the fittings? Also are talking about 2 6oz cans?

4: feel the cold air in side compartment ..should be about 36-38degrees f.
did you follow thier directions exactly? They mention running the air, turning valves 'n stuff, and making sure the psi doesn't get too high. Will I need some sort of manifold gauge for this?

if you have large leaks or problems with high /low pressure swtiches/compressor problems... repair them first.
I'm only guessing that I don't have problems since the air never worked since I got the car. See previous Q about using both leaks?

Also the only distributors I see are in Canada. I called 3 and left messages but no one has called me back. Are these the people I order directly from?

How much does it cost for the refridgerants and sealers?
Old 07-14-2003, 04:29 PM
vettek50
Racer

I used leak stop.for small hole in evaporator..

about 20.00 for REDTEK12a used 2 -6 ozcan.. spec call for 2.32 lbs refrigerant..no manfold is neccessary..however the filler hose needs adapter to r-12 fitting..pressure will not be exceeded using 2 cans..where to get this your napa store..

proseal about 60.00 comes with hose and fiting ..specific which u want ..in this case r-12 fitting..

leak stop about 60.00 same as above...

u have to determine what repairs need to be done..if it seals than leak stop and as u said pro seal for small leaks..

u could use the hose that comes with proseal/leak seal...but the manufacture does not recommend it..something about being plug after installling..it has to do with air and the chemical reacton of the sealant.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:14 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Default Re: People who've used Redtek chime in!!! (vettek50)

O.k. I just ordered from Thermo Fluid Technologies 4 cans of R12 (just in case) 1 can of leak stop, 1 can of Pro-seal, a hose kit, and 2 r134 adapters and it only cost $63 :cheers:

This guy was cool. His name was Gene and he can be reached at 888-676-9380. He offered help for the install too.

I hope this works out for me.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
TexasT
2nd Gear

I know this thread is ancient but I was wondering if this RedTek product worked out in your vehicle?

Ive been searching up a way to get my ac blowing cold and this looks like a viable way to do it if it works.

TIA
Rich

Get notified of new replies

To People who've used Redtek chime in!!!

Quick Reply: People who've used Redtek chime in!!!