C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 02:55 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER

I need to upgrade my fuel system and I already have a Walbro 255lph fuel pump. Is it possible to swap the double pump holder from a ZR-1 fuel tank and add a second Walbro 255lph pump? Would this be a direct bolt in for the LT-1 tank or am I better off going for an aeromotive 1000hp pump?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:28 PM
neverendingproject
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER (mn_vette)

it is a direct bolt in..
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 AM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER (neverendingproject)

How hard would it be to splice two pumps into one line??? Obviously the ZR-1 does it I wonder if I could reuse some of their parts. But perhaps they would be too small of line.

According to gmparts direct.com the part numbers for the gas tanks are the same so it should be a bolt-on up grade. Time to check out a drawing from the local GM dealer and see what parts I need.

[Modified by mn_vette, 2:25 PM 9/10/2003]
Old 09-10-2003, 04:51 PM
mn_vette
Melting Slicks

Went to the GM dealer and they could not find a vin J sending unit. I guess I'll just have to modify mine to make it hold two pumps in stead of one.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:29 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

How hard would it be to splice two pumps into one line??? Obviously the ZR-1 does it I wonder if I could reuse some of their parts. But perhaps they would be too small of line.

According to gmparts direct.com the part numbers for the gas tanks are the same so it should be a bolt-on up grade. Time to check out a drawing from the local GM dealer and see what parts I need.

[Modified by mn_vette, 2:25 PM 9/10/2003]
Do you have the GM Service Manuals?

Reason I ask is that my 89 vette has 2 fuel pump wires going to the Tank. one main and one for a secondary pump. I am guessing that you have the wiring inplace and may even have the secondary pump relay and all you may need to install is the fuel pump #2 fuse.

I would look int he shop manual for your year and see, the second pump wiring might be a lot easier then you think.

Also I believe the ZR-1 assembly used different pumpes then your LT1, last I heard they were the same as the 1996 454 Suburban pump.

you may want to post this int he ZR1 section as well.

[Modified by -=Jeff=-, 4:30 PM 9/10/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER

Quick Reply: ZR-! FUEL PUMP HOLDER